Quoteland.com Logo Home Topics Resources Groups
FAQs Site Info Contact Us About the Authors

Quoteland.com    Quoteland.com User Groups    Quoteland.com User Groups  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion    What are you reading right now?
Page 1 ... 18 19 20 21

Moderators: Ananya, Fair_GwenofAir
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What are you reading right now?
 Login/Join 
Picture of Photo Guy
posted Hide Post
Onto the next: David and Goliath: Underdogs, Misfits, and the Art of Battling Giants

“Visualize this thing you want. See it, feel it, believe in it. Make your mental blueprint and begin.” - Robert Collier

Posts: 8 | Location: Irvine, CA | Registered: 01-13-18Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quoteland Overlord
Picture of Trader
posted Hide Post
Churches in Early Medieval Ireland: Architecture, Ritual and Memory
By Tomás Ó Carragáin pub. 2010

Simplistic architecture that was taken to the limits of its design parameters.

“Yesterday is gone. Tomorrow has not yet come. We have only today. Let us begin.”
~Mother Teresa (1910-1997)

Posts: 12122 | Location: Lotusland | Registered: 11-24-01Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Actually, I'm addicting to business or self-motivation literature due to weekly reviews on. And right now I'm embarked on bio-story "Steve Jobs" and I'd like to advise you or even ask for reading this so hard!

Posts: 2 | Registered: 02-23-18Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quoteland Fanatic
Picture of lost butterfly
posted Hide Post
Just finished a biography of Louisa May Alcott. Wow! that lady had a rough life for a very long time and when she finally was financially secure she was too ill to really enjoy it. Strong woman,fighting for women's rights way back when.

Currently I am 3/4 of the way through a novel called Promise by Minrose Gwin. It is set in the pre-civil rights years, 1930's Mississippi, and chronicles the lives of whites and blacks before, during and after a catastrophic tornado. Excellent. Highly recommend it.

~~lb~~

Posts: 2678 | Location: somewhere over the rainbow | Registered: 06-30-02Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quoteland Fanatic
posted Hide Post
Another book I have read recently is Room by Emma Donoghue . I'll "cheat" & post a review from online:

"Award-winning author Emma Donoghue's latest book, Room, is a unique and amazing story about a boy's day-to-day experience living in a small, windowless room with his mother. The 11' x 11' space between the walls of the room are actually all the boy knows because he was born there and has never left. Room will horrify, surprise, sadden and ultimately delight you. Addictive from the start, readers of all sorts won't want to put Room down."

I agree with that review. It was a well-written book, although about a disturbing subject, that held me the entire way. I especially admired the mother of the boy for her unique ways of providing exercise, entertainment, & education with what was at her disposal in the small confines of the room.

~~lb~~

Posts: 2678 | Location: somewhere over the rainbow | Registered: 06-30-02Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quoteland Overlord
Picture of Trader
posted Hide Post
"Speeches that changed the world"
Quercus Publishing Ltd. © 2005

From Moses' "10 Commandments" through George W. Bush's 911 Address to the nation "A great people"; and almost everything else in between. An incredible read featuring speeches from some of the greatest figures in human history. A must read for any inquisitive mind.

“Yesterday is gone. Tomorrow has not yet come. We have only today. Let us begin.”
~Mother Teresa (1910-1997)

Posts: 12122 | Location: Lotusland | Registered: 11-24-01Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quoteland Fanatic
posted Hide Post
The Search For Significance by Robert S. McGee and Suzanne Strempek Shea's Shelf Life