Quoteland.com Logo Home Topics Resources Groups
FAQs Site Info Contact Us About the Authors

Quoteland.com    Quoteland.com User Groups    Quoteland.com User Groups  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion    Should Gay Marriage be Banned?
Page 1 2 

Moderators: Ananya, Fair_GwenofAir
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Should Gay Marriage be Banned?
 Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Well I disagreed with you in what government need to do when it comes to homosexuality I want the govornment to stop all right for gay people and to tell you the tru is really up to God his against it and he is who we have to respect really it amaze me how this worl have not ended yet God destroy sodom and ghomorra for the main reason because of Homosexuality he created adam and eve not eve and eve and not adam with adam really we have to go by God law not man this is an abominitation and is a sin and God disaproved with this and the way he gave us life he can take it also so what are you going to tell God to mind his business because wether you like it or not we are his business and we are here to serve his purpose and I pray the day he terminate all this abomination including abortions

Posts: 1 | Registered: 07-13-10Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
l I disagreed with you in what government need to do when it comes to homosexuality I want the govornment to stop all right for gay people and to tell you the tru is really up to God his against it and he is who we have to respect really it amaze me how this worl have not ended yet God destroy sodom and ghomorra for the main reason because of Homosexuality he created adam and eve not eve and eve and not adam with adam really we have to go by God law not man this is an abominitation and is a sin and God disaproved with this and the way he gave us life he can take it also so what are you going to tell God to mind his business because wether you like it or not we are his business and we are here to serve his purpose and I pray the day he terminate all this abomination including abortions

we have to go by God law...

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Ananya,

Posts: 7 | Registered: 07-12-10Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quoteland Titan
Picture of KnockOut
posted Hide Post
How about men's law inspired by God?
quote:

I guess it depends on who your God is.

"Nunc Scio Quit Sit Amor" Smile
But it's still not premarital sex
if you don't plan on getting married Wink

Posts: 4920 | Location: Siam | Registered: 10-21-02Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of k1tsun3
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Wallace2010:
quote:
l I disagreed with you in what government need to do when it comes to homosexuality I want the govornment to stop all right for gay people and to tell you the tru is really up to God his against it and he is who we have to respect really it amaze me how this worl have not ended yet God destroy sodom and ghomorra for the main reason because of Homosexuality he created adam and eve not eve and eve and not adam with adam really we have to go by God law not man this is an abominitation and is a sin and God disaproved with this and the way he gave us life he can take it also so what are you going to tell God to mind his business because wether you like it or not we are his business and we are here to serve his purpose and I pray the day he terminate all this abomination including abortions

As there seems to be many American's replying to threads like this, read the Constitution . . . "SEPARATION OF CHURCH AND STATE". This is embedded in the Constitution, therefore religion is completely irrelevant. I'm tired of religion being thrown around as a reason for law making in the US.

I left the US for many reason, but most importantly because it doesn't hold up to 'Land of the Free' or any of the other BS it feeds you. People fled to the US to escape persecution, but somehow all those people quickly forgot what it was like to be persecuted and started persecuting others for some of the most ridiculous reasons. Gay marriage isn't going to hurt anyone. Two parents, no matter the gender, is better than one parent or two crappy parents.

For all those religious fanatics out there, how many of you are divorced?

Get your head out of your arse!

Posts: 414 | Location: England, UK | Registered: 03-13-03Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quoteland Fanatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by k1tsun3:
As there seems to be many American's replying to threads like this, read the Constitution "SEPARATION OF CHURCH AND STATE". This is embedded in the Constitution, therefore religion is completely irrelevant. I'm tired of religion being thrown around as a reason for law making in the US.

Actually, no, the phrase you've capped and bolded above is NOT to be read in the U.S. Constitution; it's not there, never has been.

------------------------------
The opposite of joy is not sorrow. It is unbelief. ~ Leslie Weatherhead
Picture me with my ground teeth stalking joy--fully armed too, as it's a highly dangerous quest. ~ Flannery O'Connor

Posts: 2183 | Location: Aslan's Narnia | Registered: 11-10-00Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of k1tsun3
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Airedale:
quote:
Originally posted by k1tsun3:
As there seems to be many American's replying to threads like this, read the Constitution "SEPARATION OF CHURCH AND STATE". This is embedded in the Constitution, therefore religion is completely irrelevant. I'm tired of religion being thrown around as a reason for law making in the US.

Actually, no, the phrase you've capped and bolded above is NOT to be read in the U.S. Constitution; it's not there, never has been.

I was not quoting directly from Constitution but rather that of the general understanding of the First Amendment which states the following:
"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances."

As no law should be made "respecting the establishment of religion", religion is not a valid argument for banning gay marriage.

Posts: 414 | Location: England, UK | Registered: 03-13-03Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by paladin101:
Should gay marriage be banned? Yes.

-The Scandinavian coutries that have legalized gay marriage have seen a dramatic drop in the number of traditional marriages, resulting in 50% of children now being born out of wedlock. I don't think that any social scientist is going to argue with me that it is in a child's best interest to have both a mother and a father within a secure, married family.

-Legalizing and legitamizing gay marriage opens a pandora's box of perversions. If I can deviate from traditional marriage and be involved in a homosexual marriage, why can't I marry multiple partners, or my pet?

-Traditional marriage is not discriminatory. Everyone is entitled to the right to marry, homosexuals (and polygamists) simply don't meet the qualifications of the law.

-Traditional marriage is a 3,000 year old institution that was adopted and upheld by every civilzation, until recently.

-Studies of legalized gay marriage in the countries that have it have shown that the average homosexual marriage lasts for four years and each spouse has had, on average, eight other , extramarital partners. Sounds like a healthy relationship.

-No U.S. court has ever recognized, nor has any scientific study ever established, that homosexuality is rooted in nature and therefore is the same as heterosexuality. Scientists understand that homosexuality is rooted in a collection of biological, psychological and social factors. We cannot treat them as the same thing.

-In no way will changing the definition of marriage (followed by spouse, parents, love, and gender), improve society.

Who are you to judge what a family should be or what the childs best interests are? There are several children raised differently; single paretns is one, raised by a grandmother is one, or it may just be a sibling.

Here are some statistics of single parents, not all are poor.

http://singleparents.about.com...ssues/p/portrait.htm

The reason why Same sex parents find it harder to do all the things that heterosexual parents is because of the ignorance that you and others hold with in them.

legalizing same-sex marriage won't open any pandora's box. When mixed race marriage was legalized did it open any pandora's box or did people start marrying their animals? And for the record here, we are talking about HUMANS marrying other HUMANS. No one married their animals, object, etc when mixed race marriage was legalized, so why would we do it now? As for the multiple marriages, if all parties agree I don't see any problems. Why would same sex and multiple marriages affect you? You don't see anyone protesting against you having a child or marrying your significant other do you?

Traditional marriage is dicriminative, you can marry your spouse. A lesbian woman who wants to marry her women lover can't. When same sex marriage is legalized, there will still be traditional marriage but there will also be same sex marriage. Why can't the two co-exist together?

Have you seen the divorce rate in America lately? Hmmm sounds 'healthy'. http://www.divorcerate.org/

Your ignorance does not surprise me, you can't treat a same sex couple the same because of your close-minded views.

Posts: 1 | Location: Planet Earth | Registered: 10-19-10Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If I may jump in. And I'm sorry for being late to the party.
If we were to go directly from the constitution, as mentioned over and over again,
why did we have to come up with the Humonists Manifesto a century and a quarter later ?

You would be surprised the topics brought up, way back then.

If you use the Bible, or any other book written by a human to tell you how to live your life
you're going to pull from different sections, combine what you want, (even if it's oposite of the true moral) and make your point. (called the 'go to hell you damn whore' arguement) all words found in the bible.

Long before the concept of marriage, and much more longer than the word homosexual derived, which even at that time, was argued as a complete barbarism of the latin and greek languages, the act of attraction between two people of the same sex was common, as well as aspired to. In fact, no matter what kind of relationship you wrote about, in pre-Roman Catholicism times, the word used was 'love'
no descriptive separations.

The term only showed up, in the post-Catholic Empire, still active, during the Victorian era, when
it was decided, to put a name to it, so that we could possibly 'stigma and ban it'

Two of the stranger effects of this of course, it became a sin. And somehow, over the decades, males now feel a need to become feminen, and females feel they need to be more masculine. (neither of which seemed to have occured as these people faught to protect their historic empires)

Three: teachers with deciples was actually a must at some points, yet today when two people are not sleeping together, we call it a Platonic relationship (?)

As for my opinion on this topic, If I can pull four words from a speach from Franklin D. Roosevelt,
I put this in the " Reason transformed into Prejudice" catagory.

As a straight male, I really shouldn't be allowed to have my opinion on this matter count, nor should I matter, if there was an actual vote for this. Not being in the club, why should I have right to vote?
For those bible thumpers, doesn't it also state,'do onto others as you would have them do onto you'?
Or in others words,if someone is not purposefully bothering you, why do you feel a need to bother them ?

And yes, (not to start a new thread) having no chance of birthing no babies, I feel, it also negates any opinion on that matter.

Posts: 44 | Registered: 11-14-10Reply With QuoteReport This Post