Quoteland.com Logo Home Topics Resources Groups
FAQs Site Info Contact Us About the Authors

Quoteland.com    Quoteland.com User Groups    Quoteland.com User Groups  Hop To Forum Categories  I Need a Quote!    LETTING GO (EvERY QUOTE YOU CAN FIND)

Moderators: Mrs. Micawber
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

LETTING GO (EvERY QUOTE YOU CAN FIND)
 Login/Join

Picture of DianaSweets0909
posted
I am writing my friend a notebook full of quotes to help get over a lot of that has happened to her. She needs to let go of people including her boyfriend who she loves more than anything. I need every quote about letting go that you can find.

1.DO NOT POST ALL CAPS, or ParTIal CaPS. Violating posts will be deleted.

This is Rule #1 on my forum - I will not delete the post on this occasion. However, if you post like this again I shall.
Mrs. Micawber

[This message was edited by Mrs. Micawber on 04-02-04 at 05:52 PM.]

Posts: 60 | Location: charlotte, NC, USA | Registered: 07-19-03Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
NARRATOR: Some people pass through your life and you never think about them. And there are some you think about, and wonder "whatever happened to them"? Dentist, maybe. Gossip columnist. No - divorce lawyer. Some you wonder if they ever wondered what happened to you. And then there are those... you wish you never had to think about again. But you do. –Wonder Years

NARRATOR: Over the course of the average lifetime you meet a lot of people. Some of them stick with you through thick and thin. Some weave their way through your life and disappear forever. But once in a while someone comes along who earns a permanent place in your heart.-Wonder Years

NARRATOR: Growing up happens in a heartbeat.
One day you're in diapers; next day you're gone. But the memories of childhood stay with you. For the long haul.- Wonder Years

When one door closes another door opens; but we so often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door, that we do not see the ones which open for us. -Alexander Graham Bell

We can never turn back the pages of time, though we may wish to relive a happy moment, or say goodbye just one last time, we never can, because the sands of time continue to fall, and we can't turn the hourglass over.
--Unknown

“Some of us think holding on makes us strong, but sometimes it is letting go.” — Herman Hesse

Remember that everyone you meet is afraid of something, loves something and has lost something. ~H. Jackson Brown, Jr.

Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go. ~Author Unknown

"Change is never easy. You fight to hold on. You fight to let go." ~The Wonder Years

"In life you meet people. Some you never think about again and some you wonder what happened to them. There are some that you wonder if they ever think about you and then there are some you wish you never had to think about again...but you do."-wonder years

I know that you've done some changin'
And I know there's no changin' your mind
And yes I know
We've been through this a thousand times
I'm sorry for still holdin' on
I'll try to let go and I'll try to be strong, and I'll
Wish you the best
And I wish you nothing less
Than every thing you've ever dreamed of
And I hope that you find love along the way
But most of all
I wish you'd stay
~Brad Paisley,'I wish you'd stay'

One problem with gazing too frequently into the past is that we may turn around to find the future has run out on us. ~Michael Cibenko

The tragedy of life is not so much what men suffer, but rather what they miss. ~Thomas Carlyle

All the art of living lies in a fine mingling of letting go and holding on. ~Havelock Ellis

"Time goes by so fast, people go in and out of your life. You must never miss the opportunity to tell these people how much they mean to you."
-"Cheers"

"We call that person who has lost his father, an orphan; and a widower that man who has lost his wife. But that man who has known the immense unhappiness of losing a friend, by what name do we call him? Here every language is silent and holds its peace in impotence."
-Joseph Roux

Every beginning is a consequence - every beginning ends some thing. ~Paul Valery

The difference between life and the movies is that a script has to make sense, and life doesn't.
Joseph L. Mankiewicz

There are no mistakes. The events we bring upon ourselves, no matter how unpleasant, are necessary in order to learn what we need to learn; whatever steps we take, they're necessary to reach the places we've chosen to go.
Richard Bach, in 'A Bridge Across Forever'

Sooner or later we all discover that the important moments in life are not the advertised ones, not the birthdays, the graduations, the weddings, not the great goals achieved. The real milestones are less prepossessing. They come to the door of memory unannounced, stray dogs that amble in, sniff around a bit and simply never leave. Our lives are measured by these.
~ Susan B. Anthony (1820-1906) American reformer

It's all right letting yourself go as long as you can let yourself back. ~Mick Jagger

Life is simple, its just not easy. ~Author Unknown

Maybe all one can do is hope to end up with the right regrets. ~Arthur Miller

You will never be happy if you continue to search for what happiness consists of. You will never live if you are looking for the meaning of life. ~Albert Camus

All the art of living lies in a fine mingling of letting go and holding on. ~Havelock Ellis

There's one sad truth in life I've found
While journeying east and west -
The only folks we really wound
Are those we love the best.
We flatter those we scarcely know,
We please the fleeting guest,
And deal full many a thoughtless blow
To those who love us best.
~Ella Wheeler Wilcox

Remember, we all stumble, every one of us. That's why it's a comfort to go hand in hand. ~Emily Kimbrough

Some people come into our lives
and leave footprints on our hearts
and we are never ever the same.
~Flavia Weedn, Forever

People change and forget to tell each other. ~Lillian Hellman

In the coldest February, as in every other month in every other year, the best thing to hold on to in this world is each other. ~Linda Ellerbee, Move On: Adventures in the Real World

How lucky I am to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard. ~From the movie Annie

When we honestly ask ourselves which person in our lives mean the most to us, we often find that it is those who, instead of giving advice, solutions, or cures, have chosen rather to share our pain and touch our wounds with a warm and tender hand. The friend who can be silent with us in a moment of despair or confusion, who can stay with us in an hour of grief and bereavement, who can tolerate not knowing, not curing, not healing and face with us the reality of our powerlessness, that is a friend who cares. ~Henri Nouwen

In everyone's life, at some time, our inner fire goes out. It is then burst into flame by an encounter with another human being. We should all be thankful for those people who rekindle the inner spirit. ~Albert Schweitzer

But if the while I think on thee, dear friend,
All losses are restored and sorrows end.
~William Shakespeare

If you're alone, I'll be your shadow. If you want to cry, I'll be your shoulder. If you want a hug, I'll be your pillow. If you need to be happy, I'll be your smile. But anytime you need a friend, I'll just be me. ~Author Unknown

Posts: 110 | Registered: 10-19-03Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fatallyyours
AIM: Online Status For fatallyyours0404
posted Hide Post
Goodbye to you
Goodbye to everything that I knew
You're the one I love
The one thing that I tried to hold on to
Goodbye to you
-Michelle Branch

Change is never easy, you fight to hold on, and you fight to let go.-The Wonder Years

~Steph~

Posts: 30 | Location: Pa | Registered: 12-29-03Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DianaSweets0909
posted Hide Post
Ms.Micawber I didn't mean to make the V lowercased sorry

Posts: 60 | Location: charlotte, NC, USA | Registered: 07-19-03Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RomanticDreamer
posted Hide Post
"There's no need to miss someone from your past- There's a reason they didn't make it to your future" -Unknown

Growing up happens in a heartbeat.
One day you're in diapers; next day you're gone. But the memories of childhood stay with you. For the long haul.- Wonder Years

Some of us think holding on makes us strong, but sometimes it is letting go" -Herman Hesse

"Have you ever been hurt and the place tries to heal abit, and you just pull the scar off over and over again" -Rosa Parks

"Growing up is full of big moments. Some you see coming from a mile away. Some you never see coming at all" -The Wonder Years

"We don't have to hate each other for getting older. We just have to forgive ourselves for growing up" -The Wonder Years

"In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on" -Robert Frost

"Friendship often ends in love; but love in freindship- Never" -Charels Caleb Colton

"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steel" -Headstone

"Hope is the denial of reality" -Margaret Weis

"Every exit is an entry somewhere" -Tom Stoppard

"Challenges are what make life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful" -Carolyn Kenmore

"Immature love says: 'I love you because I need you.' Mature love says: 'I need you because I love you'" -Erich Fromm

Smile"Change is never easy. You fight to hold on. You fight to let go." -The Wonder YearsSmile
Smile"When the world says, "Give up," Hope whispers, "Try it one more time." -unknownSmile

Posts: 20 | Location: Platteville, Wi, United States | Registered: 03-21-04Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Does anyone have more quotes on this topic? I really like the ones that have been posted espcially the Wonder Years ones!

Posts: 50 | Registered: 12-05-03Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"Another turning point, a fork stuck in the road
Time grabs you by the wrist, directs you where to go
So make the best of this test, and don't ask why
It's not a question, but a lesson learned in time

It's something unpredictable, but in the end is right.
I hope you had the time of your life.

So take the photographs, and still frames in your mind
Hang it on a shelf in good health and good time
Tattoos of memories and dead skin on trial
For what it's worth it was worth all the while

I hope you had the time of your life."

"Every new begining comes from some other beginings end."

"There's a time and place, for everything.
There's a reason why, certain people meet.
There's a destination, for everyone.
What's the explanation, when we're done?

All the summer nights spent wondering;
So many questions asked, but no one's answering.
Would it be okay if I left today?
Took my chances on what you said was wrong?

I'm jaded, stupid, and wreckless.
Not sorry, and I'll never regret.
These years spent, so faded and wreckless.
Not sorry, and I'll never regret these years.
I'll never regret these years.

Now here i sit, so far away.
Remembering all our memories.
Its times like these that I miss you most,
Remembering when we were so close.

Not sorry, we'll never regret.
These years spent, so faded and wreckless.
Not sorry, and I'll never regret these years.

We'll never forget the places we've been, you and i.
Our lives are slipping away.
Don't want to let time pass us by, byyyyyyy...

Not sorry, and I'll never regret.
These years....
...spent, so faded and wreckless,
Not sorry, and I'll never regret...
Not sorry, and I'll never regret these years."

"It's one chance in your lifetime
But it won't be the last time
It seems theres always the next hill to climb
And you know there's a lifetime"

"Thinking about the times we shared
Looking at the stars, the sky's so clear
If I could freeze time, I'd stay right here
But I can't so I'm moving on "

"and when this hourglass
has filtered out
its final grain of sand
i raise my glass to the memories we had"

"Bless me dark father, i have sinned.
I've done it before and I'll do it again... Hell yes."

Posts: 5 | Location: fairless hills, pa, america | Registered: 06-01-04Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of _-*Amanda*-_
MSN does not support status - click here for the profile.
posted Hide Post
"Movin On" By Rascal Flatts

I've dealt with my ghosts and I've faced all my demons
Finally content with a past I regret
I've found you find strength in your moments of weakness
For once I'm at peace with myself
I've been burdened with blame, trapped in the past for too long
I'm movin' on

I've lived in this place and I know all the faces
Each one is different but they're always the same
They mean me no harm but it's time that I face it
They'll never allow me to change
But I never dreamed home would end up where I don't belong
I'm movin' on

I'm movin' on
At last I can see life has been patiently waiting for me
And I know there's no guarantees, but I'm not alone
There comes a time in everyone's life
When all you can see are the years passing by
And I have made up my mind that those days are gone

I sold what I could and packed what I couldn't
Stopped to fill up on my way out of town
I've loved like I should but lived like I shouldn't
I had to lose everything to find out
Maybe forgiveness will find me somewhere down this road
I'm movin' on

I'm movin' on
I'm movin' on

*Amanda*

Posts: 12 | Location: west liberty, ky | Registered: 08-05-03Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"To let go isn’t to forget, not to think about, or ignore. It doesn’t leave feelings of anger, jealousy, or regret. Letting go isn’t about winning or losing. It’s not about pride and it’s not about how you appear, and it’s not obsessing or dwelling on the past. Letting go isn’t blocking memories or thinking sad thoughts, and doesn’t leave emptiness, hurt, or sadness. It’s not about giving in or giving up. Letting go isn’t about loss and it’s not about defeat. To let go is to cherish the memories, but to overcome and move on. It is having an open mind confidence in the future. Letting go is learning and experiencing and growing. To let go is to be thankful for the experiences that made you laugh, made you cry, and made you grow. It’s about all that you have, all that you had, and all that you will soon gain. Letting go is having the courage to accept change, and the strength to keep moving. Letting go is growing up.

Posts: 1 | Registered: 11-13-08Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Check here for some good letting go quotes!
Letting Go Quotes

Posts: 3 | Registered: 03-12-12Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quoteland Demigod
Picture of Trader
posted Hide Post
       ^^^

So is posting spam links all you're good for? Is contributing something of your own accord beyond the limited scope of your non-functioning grey matter? Mayhaps you would be better off taking a good creative navel gazing course or something.

I guess I'll have to go bump something just to knock this one off the top of the pile.

Regards

Ron

(Sig off)

Posts: 6742 | Location: Lotusland | Registered: 11-24-01Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DianaSweets0909:
I am writing my friend a notebook full of quotes to help get over a lot of that has happened to her. She needs to let go of people including her boyfriend who she loves more than anything. I need every quote about letting go that you can find.

<font color="red">
1.DO NOT POST ALL CAPS, or ParTIal CaPS. Violating posts will be deleted.

This is Rule #1 on my forum - I will not delete the post on this occasion. However, if you post like this again I shall.
Mrs. Micawber</font>

[This message was edited by Mrs. Micawber on 04-02-04 at 05:52 PM.]

Wow .... no offense but that was pretty stingy if you ask me. Am I going to get in trouble for typing too many dots? OOOpss I had a typo.... I should get down on my hands an knees and apologize because it was "Oh SO terrible. "

Posts: 4 | Registered: 05-16-12Reply With QuoteReport This Post