Quoteland.com Logo Home Topics Resources Groups
FAQs Site Info Contact Us About the Authors

Quoteland.com    Quoteland.com User Groups    Quoteland.com User Groups  Hop To Forum Categories  I Need a Quote!    A sort of 'I will miss you' quote.

Moderators: Mrs. Micawber
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A sort of 'I will miss you' quote.
 Login/Join

posted
First of all I would like to say, what a great site! I really love quotes and all. It's like they express my feelings. I'm actually from the Netherlands, but dutch is so.. I don't know, I love english. Wink

Okay. So there's this person which I have a big big big crush on. But he's leaving, he's going to the other side of the country. And only the tought of him leaving makes me feel sad, I already miss him. But I wanted to give him something, I'm not sure what to give. But at least a small gift with a card. But on the card I would like to write down a quote which will say how much I will miss him. I would love it if the quote would be a little bit longer than 2 sentences. A small text or something, but I'll take whatever I can get Wink

Thanks.

Posts: 1 | Registered: 03-01-09Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quoteland Titan
Picture of doon1946
posted Hide Post
In a full heart there is room for everything, and in an empty heart there is room for nothing.
~Antonio Porchia.

In the arithmetic of love, one plus one equals everything, and two minus one equals nothing.
~Mignon McLaughlin, {The Second Neurotic's Notebook, 1966}

The reason it hurts so much to separate is because our souls are connected.
~ Nicholas Sparks

Where you used to be, there is a hole in the world,
which I find myself constantly walking around in the daytime,
and falling in at night.
I miss you like hell.
~Edna St. Vincent Millay

Click here for more.

http://www.lovingyou.com/scrip...?cat=missyou&start=1

This message has been edited. Last edited by: doon1946,

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
Brevity is the soul of wit.
~William Shakespeare

Posts: 4232 | Location: Land of Lincoln, USA | Registered: 01-29-03Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rala
posted Hide Post
Can miles truly separate you from friends . . . If you want to be with someone you love, aren't you already there?
~Richard Bach

I remember thinking I'll go on forever only knowing that I will see you again.
~Dave Matthews Band

You can kiss your family and friends good-bye and put miles between you, but at the same time you carry them with you in your heart, your mind, your stomach, because you do not just live in a world but a world lives in you.
~Frederick Buechner

All days are nights to see till I see thee,
And nights bright days when dreams do show thee to me.
~William Shakespeare, “Sonnet XLIII”

There is magic in long-distance friendships. They let you relate to other human beings in a way that goes beyond being physically together and is often more profound.
~Diana Cortes

As twilight drops its curtain down
And pins it with a star
Remember that you have a friend
Though she may wander far.
~Lucy Maude Montgomery

We all lose friends . . . we lose them in death, to distance and over time. But even though they may be lost, hope is not. The key is to keep them in your heart, and when the time is right, you can pick up the friendship right where you left off. Even the lost find their way home when you leave the light on.
~Amy Marie Walz

The things we truly love stay with us always, locked in our hearts as long as life remains.
~Josephine Baker

In true love the smallest distance is too great, and the greatest distance can be bridged.
~Hans Nouwens

The way to love anything is to realise it might be lost.
~G. K. Chesterson

Parting is all we know of heaven
And all we need of hell.
~Emily Dickinson

Sometimes when one person is missing, the entire world seems depopulated.
~Lamartine

Absence diminishes moderate passions and increases great ones, as the wind extinguishes candles and adds fury to fire.
~Francois de la Rochefoucauld

Absence from whom we love is worse than death.
~William Cowper

Posts: 250 | Location: Perth, Australia | Registered: 04-19-08Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This is certainly not an effluvient expression of love, desire, etc. but it is one of which I have grown quite fond.

As Dear as Salt
Germany

A king once asked his daughter how dear he was to her.

"As dear, as dear -- as salt!" she said.

The king thought that this was very little, and he was very unhappy with his child's answer.

Soon thereafter he sponsored a great feast. The daughter saw to it that every dish was brought to the table unsalted, and thus nothing tasted good to the king.

Finally the daughter explained everything to him. He then recognized how important salt was, and that his daughter had spoken very positively. Thus he loved her again as dearly as before.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Source: Ernst Meier, Deutsche Volksmärchen aus Schwaben (Stuttgart: C. P. Scheitlin's Verlagshandlung, 1852), no. 27, p. 99.

Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional. M. Kathleen Casey

Posts: 619 | Location: Caerleon | Registered: 06-08-03Reply With QuoteReport This Post