Quoteland.com Logo Home Topics Resources Groups
FAQs Site Info Contact Us About the Authors

Quoteland.com    Quoteland.com User Groups    Quoteland.com User Groups  Hop To Forum Categories  I Need a Quote!    need a quote about losing a best friend....

Moderators: Mrs. Micawber

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
need a quote about losing a best friend....
 Login/Join

Picture of UniqueMe
posted
Hey -
I need a quote about losing a best friend... we're opposite sexes and always got bothered about being so close. For over a year we ignored them together and got closer and closer; it made us just that much stronger. Now, all of a sudden, he decides that he doesn't want to be friends with me anymore and won't really even tell me why! It hurts so badly that sometimes I don't even know what to do.... I walk around aimlessly just to pass the time.... I'd like some quotes to either tell him or to make me feel a little better... either way, thank you.

(`'·.¸(`'·.¸ ¸.·'´)¸.·'´)
«-··.¸¸. UniqueMe .¸¸.··-»
( ¸.·'´(¸.·'´ `'·.¸)`'·.¸)

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
I'd rather be a could-be if I cannot be an are; because a could-be is a maybe who is reaching for a star. I'd rather be a has-been than a might-have-been, by far; for a might have-been has never been, but a has was once an are.
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Posts: 44 | Location: Lost in the sky | Registered: 01-11-03Report This Post
Picture of ..*KeLs*..
posted Hide Post
Wow. i went thru the same thing..except circumstances were a little bit different, my best friends girlfriend didn't like us being close and made him choose. he chose not to be friends with me, but after a few months of not talking we went back to being best friends. I went thru everything you went thru..walking around not knowin what to do..and not knowin why we couldn't be friends. Here's a few quotes..

"I will always love the false image I had of you."

"Day by day, nothing seems to change, but pretty soon, everything is different."

"You said you'd always be there for me, i guess we had different definitions of *always*."

"Forgiveness is letting go of the pain and accepting what has happened, because it will not change."

I hated the person he had become, the person who cared then all of a sudden changed, As I hated the person he has become, why do I still care so much about him? Perhaps it is the memory of the fun times of what I know is still there. Or maybe I just don’t want to admit I cared so much more than he ever could.

The only truly painful goodbyes are the ones that are never really fully explained and never said.

I’ve come to realize that life is full of disappointments but you have the choice to let your self fall behind, or pick yourself up and keep on going...!

"Some people are just not meant to be in your life no matter how much you want them to be."

“Forgive those who wrong you, but remember how they hurt you when they want a second chance.”

If you could feel the pain your confusion has caused me, you would have stopped before you spoke.

..mUcH lOve<33..
-KeLs* =)

"It's so hard to hold onto some one you know you could never be with. And no matter how you think about it,you just have to let them go. Because while good things never last. Some don't even start."

Posts: 102 | Location: ~SunShiNe sTaTe~ | Registered: 09-22-02Report This Post
Picture of ..*KeLs*..
posted Hide Post
i found some more quotes :-D

Don’t criticize something that you just don’t understand.

He turned around and looked at me, and said nothing, not even hi, it was as if the time we were best friends..never really happened.

"The best thing about pictures is that they never change even though the people in them do."

Friends are the most important ingredients in this recipe of life.

"Never betray your friends for love, because love can last a while but friends can last a lifetime."

If you could feel the pain your confusion has caused me, you would have stopped before you spoke.

Friendship is like glass, once broken, it’s never the same.

Friends are the part of your family you get to choose.

He just doesn’t get it. You can’t treat people that way. Friends aren’t just toys you can pick up and drop as soon as newer ones come out. How could people stand to be by him and aspire to be by him…and why did I?

Hope some help..if i find anymore, i'll post em for ya!

..mUcH lOve<33..
-KeLs* =)

"It's so hard to hold onto some one you know you could never be with. And no matter how you think about it,you just have to let them go. Because while good things never last. Some don't even start."

Please attribute (provide a source, an author) your quotes.

[This message was edited by EeyoreLynn on 09-20-05 at 10:54 PM.]

[This message was edited by EeyoreLynn on 09-20-05 at 10:54 PM.]

Posts: 102 | Location: ~SunShiNe sTaTe~ | Registered: 09-22-02Report This Post
Picture of UniqueMe
posted Hide Post
Thank you so much! Everyone I talk to has no idea how much it hurts and I'm so glad to have met someone who finally understands. Your quotes really help; I'm gonna keep 'em close to me so I can look at them whenever I need to. Again, thank you so much! Big Grin

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
I'd rather be a could-be if I cannot be an are; because a could-be is a maybe who is reaching for a star. I'd rather be a has-been than a might-have-been, by far; for a might have-been has never been, but a has was once an are.
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Posts: 44 | Location: Lost in the sky | Registered: 01-11-03Report This Post
posted Hide Post
hey ur quotes awesome i just got into an agument with a very good friend that i had i thought she was everything to me Frown but she isnt she hurt me in many ways and i still forgave her dont know why

Posts: 1 | Location: U.S. | Registered: 09-20-05Report This Post
AIM: Online Status For dreamseeker917
posted Hide Post
"Everytime I turn around, he's not there....and my heart breaks a little more"

I do not know the author of this quote

Posts: 1 | Location: NJ | Registered: 09-21-05Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I know this post is old so no one might not even see mine.. but anyways

My best friend just told me two days ago that we can't be the best friends we have always been because if he wants to make a commitment to his girlfriend then we can't be anymore.. I was there for him through everything and this girlfriend that he has went back to 3 times now always treats him like crap.. i don't get it. and I NEVER EVER thought he would call our friendship quits.. This is the worst heartache I have ever had because he is not just some guy I can blow off and forget.. he is my best friend.. atleast he is to me anyways.. I'm not sure what I am to him anymore....

So I'm just wondering if any of your situations got better with your best friends.. and if you had anymore quotes... cause they help... thanks.. if anyonbe sees this.

posted Hide Post
what about:
"A good friend is hard to find, hard to lose, and impossible to forget..."

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Mrs. Micawber,

posted Hide Post
Here are some more,
"Prosperity makes friends, adversity tries them"..
"Friendship is like money, easier made than kept"..

Jibin, I have removed a spam link from your signature. Do not replace it or I will put your posts into moderation. Thank you for helping to keep quoteland spam free.

-Aeras

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Aeras,

Posts: 1 | Location: 110 Riverside Dr, Cambridge, MD 21613 | Registered: 06-29-11Report This Post
Quoteland Demigod
Picture of Mrs. Micawber
posted Hide Post
It is nice to see new members joining Quoteland, and it doesn't matter if a thread is old - one good thing is that it shows you used the search feature before starting a new thread, where one already exists.

So welcome to you newbies.

I would just remind you, however, that the rules of this forum state that all quotations must be attributed to an author - that's what Quotations are all about.

So please in future when you use a quote, provide the author's name - thank you.

Quotes or Sayings that you may have devised yourself are not permitted.

"But each day brings its petty dust our soon-choked souls to fill, and we forget because we must, and not because we will."...Matthew Arnold. [now that's what I call poetic]

Posts: 5859 | Location: Scotland, United Kingdom. | Registered: 12-15-02Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks to all who have posted on this, my boyfriend of 3 years broke up with me 2 months ago, we became best friends again, but he's with another girl. He decided that he wanted me back, but refused to break up with her til he knew he had me. Me with my big mouth decided to get on Facebook and message her to tell her everything he said caused me to lose him again. I have been so depressed and walking around in a daze, snapping at everyone. I don't know what to do anymore. I love him so much. I want to be happy, in his arms once again, but I screwed it up. .

Picture of AndersonGillchrist
posted Hide Post
Here is an excellent qoote on losing friend By Lord Bernard Shaw,
“A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.”

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Mrs. Micawber,

Posts: 2 | Location: Davison | Registered: 04-17-12Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by UniqueMe:
Hey -
I need a quote about losing a best friend... we're opposite sexes and always got bothered about being so close. For over a year we ignored them together and got closer and closer; it made us just that much stronger. Now, all of a sudden, he decides that he doesn't want to be friends with me anymore and won't really even tell me why! It hurts so badly that sometimes I don't even know what to do.... I walk around aimlessly just to pass the time.... I'd like some quotes to either tell him or to make me feel a little better... either way, thank you.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

ohemgeee!! i'm kindaa goin throught the samee thing except we weren't really tht closee but i have a crush on him but he's likee ignoring mee and it reallyy hurts i met him at a camp and likee we always had disagreementss cuz his gf hateed me and so he would act different when he was with his girlfriend then when he was with mee... and my heart is broken right now but i promised myself that i would NEVERR cry for a guy i miss him and i miss the relationship we used to havee and i miss our bestfrendshipp.. </3.. :'(
i dont know why i'm replying to you i mean i don't have a quote and this was frikken 9 years agoo lol xD!

#missin.himm.

posted Hide Post
Throughout life you will meet one person who is unlike any other. You could talk to this person for hours and never get bored, you could tell them things and they won't judge you. This person is your soulmate, your best friend. Don't ever let them go.

Friendship sayings

MoreThanSayings fun...

Picture of hello.iloveyou
posted Hide Post
hey. well i sorta know how you feel. i met this guy in sec 3 and we became best friends, like brother and sister, wed bug each other and shit. and in sec 4 he met this girl, and well at first he changed, you know, ditched everyone to be with her, and so we distanced ourselves, but as the year went on, he stopped ditching us and came back to his normal self, and well he was still dating that girl, shes a real sweetheart. and so weve been best friends ever since, and well we graduated highschool this year, and in september he went off to cegep, and i took a semester off to think. and so, i dont know, it seems as though were not that close anymore. i mean, we used to talk 24/7, and now im shocked getting a hello at least once a week, you know. hes my best friend, and sometimes i just need to talk to him, but i feel bad, i dont want to bother him, and so i dont. and well, i dont know, i just dont want to lose him. does anyone know what i could do to maybe not lose him? and does anyone know a good quote for this kind of situation, but not something too direct, i dont want to be pointing fingers, if you know what i mean.

Quoteland Demigod
Picture of Trader
posted Hide Post
               ^^^ INCREDIBLE ^^^

I don't think I trust myself enough to risk a full reply to this one...

Posts: 5787 | Location: Lotusland | Registered: 11-24-01Report This Post
posted Hide Post
My Boyfriend of two years and Broke up just over a year ago now and we carried onbeing very close friend, and after about 9 months he was dating my best friend of 4 years, the two of them were the closest friends I had ever had it killed me they've now been together about 6 months and it still hurts, I can barely talk to either of them and I miss them both a hell of a lot but y'know 'As much as is may hurt, sometimes it's just best to say goodbye and try and carry on' I dont know who this quote was by but sometimes it's the only way x

Quoteland Demigod
Picture of Mrs. Micawber
posted Hide Post
I think the original poster got the replies necessary!

"But each day brings its petty dust our soon-choked souls to fill, and we forget because we must, and not because we will."...Matthew Arnold. [now that's what I call poetic]

Posts: 5859 | Location: Scotland, United Kingdom. | Registered: 12-15-02Report This Post