Quoteland.com Logo Home Topics Resources Groups
FAQs Site Info Contact Us About the Authors

Quoteland.com    Quoteland.com User Groups    Quoteland.com User Groups  Hop To Forum Categories  I Need a Quote!    quote about finding out who your true friends really are

Moderators: Mrs. Micawber
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

quote about finding out who your true friends really are
 Login/Join

posted
Hello, I was wondering if anyone had any quotes about finding out who your true friends really are. I'm starting to realize who my friends really are and i wanted a quote about it. Thanx!

Posts: 1 | Registered: 12-03-04Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Taranee
posted Hide Post
When we honestly ask ourselves which person in our lives mean the most to us, we often find that it is those who, instead of giving advice, solutions, or cures, have chosen rather to share our pain and touch our wounds with a warm and tender hand. The friend who can be silent with us in a moment of despair or confusion, who can stay with us in an hour of grief and bereavement, who can tolerate not knowing, not curing, not healing and face with us the reality of our powerlessness, that is a friend who cares.
- Henri Nouwen

In everyone's life, at some time, our inner fire goes out. It is then burst into flame by an encounter with another human being. We should all be thankful for those people who rekindle the inner spirit.
- Albert Schweitzer

A true friend never gets in your way unless you happen to be going down.
- Arnold Glasow

The most beautiful discovery true friends make is that they can grow separately without growing apart.
- Elisabeth Foley

You can always tell a real friend: when you've made a fool of yourself he doesn't feel you've done a permanent job. Laugh
- Laurence J. Peter

Friends are those rare people who ask how you are and then wait for the answer.
- Author Unknown

The best kind of friend is the one you could sit on a porch with, never saying a word, and walk away feeling like that was the best conversation you've had.
- Author Unknown

Yes we are [friends] and I do like to pass the day with you in serious and inconsequential chatter. I wouldn't mind washing up beside you, dusting beside you, reading the back half of the paper while you read the front. We are friends and I would miss you, do miss you and think of you very often. I don't want to lose this happy space where I have found someone who is smart and easy and doesn't bother to check her diary when we arrange to meet.
- Jeanette Winterson, Written on the Body, 1992

A true friend unbosoms freely, advises justly, assists readily, adventures boldly, takes all patiently, defends courageously, and continues a friend unchangeably.
- William Penn

A good friend is a connection to life - a tie to the past, a road to the future, the key to sanity in a totally insane world.
- Lois Wyse

A friend is a person with whom I may be sincere. Before him I may think aloud. I am arrived at last in the presence of a man so real and equal, that I may drop even those undermost garments of dissimulation, courtesy, and second thought, which men never put off, and may deal with him with the simplicity and wholeness with which one chemical atom meets another.
- Ralph Waldo Emerso

Also check the search engine! Smile

Posts: 635 | Location: Northern star... | Registered: 03-31-02Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kilo02
posted Hide Post
"Memories last forever, never do they die, true friends stay together never saying goodbye"

"Good friends are hard to fing harder to lose & impossible to forget"

"A friend would bail you out of jail, a best friend would be sitting right next to you saying Dude, that was awesome"

True friends are like diamonds, precious and rare. False friends are like autumn leaves, scattered everywhere.
~Unknown

Posts: 56 | Location: United States | Registered: 12-04-02Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kilo02
posted Hide Post
A true friend knows the real you & loves you just the same.

Note from Mrs. Micawber
Kilo02

Please read the forum rules on posting!
If you have no source for your quotations please desist from using them.
Your help in this matter is much appreciated.

[This message was edited by Mrs. Micawber on 02-04-05 at 10:21 AM.]

Posts: 56 | Location: United States | Registered: 12-04-02Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Starbeam
posted Hide Post
A friend is a person with whom I can be sincere. Before them I may think aloud. ~unknown

Nature's first green is gold,
Her hardest hue to hold.
Her early leaf's a flower;
but only so an hour.
Then leaf subsides to leaf.
So Eden sank to grief,
So dawn goes down to day.
Nothing Gold can stay.

Posts: 35 | Location: Canada | Registered: 10-13-05Reply With QuoteReport This Post