Quoteland.com Logo Home Topics Resources Groups
FAQs Site Info Contact Us About the Authors

Quoteland.com    Quoteland.com User Groups    Quoteland.com User Groups  Hop To Forum Categories  I Need a Quote!    Quotes for my third grade classroom!

Moderators: Mrs. Micawber
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Quotes for my third grade classroom!
 Login/Join

posted
Hi!

I'm starting my first year of teaching this fall and was looking for some quotes that will inspire my third graders, and that they will understand! I'm trying to evoke a sense of creativity, diversity, and thirst for knowledge in my classroom.

Thank you! Smile

Posts: 3 | Registered: 08-04-03Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of gmorning
posted Hide Post
My favorite quote of all time is:

"If you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen"
~i forget who said it!

"Reading is to the mind what exercise is to the body." -- Joseph Addison

"You can't win unless you know how to lose." -- Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

"The way to be nothing is to do nothing." -- Nathaniel Howe

"If you were another person, would you like to be a friend of yours?" -- Unknown

"To speak kindly does not hurt the tongue." -- proverb

"The wastebasket is a writer's best friend." -- Isaac Bashevis Singer

another good one is:
"Even monkeys fall out of trees." -- Japanese proverb

i hope these help!!

Posts: 29 | Location: ohio | Registered: 08-04-03Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JustineAlxandra
posted Hide Post
This was posted in my Enlish teachers classroom for all four years of highschool, I read it almost everyday, and it is stuck in my mind forever . . .

For success, attitude is equally as important as ability. ~Banks, Harry F.

"A little effort and a positive attitude can turn obstacles into opportunities."

Posts: 45 | Location: Nor Cal | Registered: 05-16-03Reply With QuoteReport This Post
AIM: Online Status For Wiedeman21
posted Hide Post
Good, Better, Best, Never let it rest 'till your good be better and your better is best~ I forget who said it but it really inspired me so hopefully it'll inspire your students too.

Posts: 43 | Registered: 09-02-02Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"minds are like parachutes.. they don't function unless they're open"
Cool

LOL -:¦:- Steph -:¦:- Mega Wink

*~*“The best discovery true friends make, is that they can grow seperatly, without growing apart...”*~*
Rolling

Posts: 153 | Location: PA | Registered: 05-12-02Reply With QuoteReport This Post