Quoteland.com Logo Home Topics Resources Groups
FAQs Site Info Contact Us About the Authors

Quoteland.com    Quoteland.com User Groups    Quoteland.com User Groups  Hop To Forum Categories  I Need a Quote!    need quotes for compering at college

Moderators: Mrs. Micawber
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

need quotes for compering at college
 Login/Join

posted
i need quotes for welcoming cheif guest, about competitions, about winners, about supporting staff members, about our HOD and about our chairman, director, coordinator

Posts: 1 | Registered: 02-21-09Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quoteland Demigod
Picture of Ananya
posted Hide Post
Winners:

Winners have simply formed the habit of doing things losers don't like to do.
-- Albert Gray

Winners take time to relish their work, knowing that scaling the mountain is what makes the view from the top so exhilarating.
-- Denis Waitley

Winning is not a sometime thing. You don't win once in a while, you don't do things right once in a while, you do them right all the time. Winning is a habit. Unfortunately, so is losing.
-- Vincent Lombardi

"Winners compare their achievements with their goals, while losers compare their achievements with those of other people."
-- Nido Qubein

Competitions:

Competition is the whetstone of talent.
-- Proverb

Of all human powers operating on the affairs of mankind, none is greater than that of competition.
-- Henry Clay

Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee.
-- Muhammad Ali

It’s the competition
And you’ve already won
The competition lasts but moments
Though the training’s taken years
It wasn’t the winning alone
That was worth the work and tears
The applause will be forgotten
The prize will be misplaced
But the long hard hours of practice
Will never be a waste
For in trying to win you build a skill
You learn that winning depends on will
You never grow by how much you win
You only grow by how much you put in
So any challenge you’ve just begun
Put forth your best effort.
-- William F. Halsey

Competition is always a fantastic thing, and the computer industry is intensely competitive. Whether it's Google or Apple or free software, we've got some fantastic competitors and it keeps us on our toes.
-- Bill Gates

I wasn't running toward the theater but running away from the sporting goods store. Of course now that I'm selling spaghetti sauce (with Newman's Own), I begin to understand the romance of business.. the allure of being the biggest fish in the pond and the juice you get from beating out your competitors.
-- Paul Newman

When I go out on the ice, I just think about my skating. I forget it is a competition.
-- Katarina Witt

With competition there is always ego and hubris... competition gets in the way of work.
-- Patrick Dempsey

And while the law of competition may be sometimes hard for the individual, it is best for the race, because it ensures the survival of the fittest in every department.
-- Andrew Carnegie

-

much love, light and laughter,
ananya.

*~Come play with my Smile children Smile feel the peace and Scatter some joy.~*
~*Blowing out someone else's candle doesn't make your's burn any brighter.*~
We can't all be stars, but we can all twinkle.
We may not have it all together, but together we have it all.

Posts: 6232 | Location: India | Registered: 07-03-01Reply With QuoteReport This Post