Quoteland.com Logo Home Topics Resources Groups
FAQs Site Info Contact Us About the Authors

Quoteland.com    Quoteland.com User Groups    Quoteland.com User Groups  Hop To Forum Categories  I Need a Quote!    funny DRIVING quotes

Moderators: Mrs. Micawber
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

funny DRIVING quotes
 Login/Join

Picture of fouzybaby
MSN does not support status - click here for the profile.
posted
heyoo guys!! does anyone have some funny or silly quotes about driving??

vrooooooom big grin

Posts: 82 | Registered: 03-10-01Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
*The problem with the designated driver program, it's not a desirable job. But if you ever get sucked into doing it, have fun with it. At the end of the night, drop them off at the wrong house.
-- Jeff Foxworthy

*Until you've learned to drive, you've never really learned how to swear.
-- Robert Paul

*Aggressive Driving is Emotionally Impaired Driving.

*The enormous driving challenge that is facing our society today can become an opportunity for strengthening the community and evolving more humane and compassionate relations. Instead of mutual antagonism, we can express mutual support. Supportive driving styles can help us make peace on our highways, streets and parking lots. We must, or else we will see an increase of hostile behavior in public places, such as parking lot rage, pedestrian rage, bicyclists rage, air rage, sports rage, neighbor rage, and so on. Let's not go that route! And yet more and more people will be tempted to slide into these dangerous forms of behavior due to social imitation and emotional contagion.

--both from Dr. Leon James, Professor of Psychology & Dr. Diane Nahl, Associate Professor of Information and Computer Sciences, University of Hawaii

*“Motor vehicle crashes are the leading cause of death for people."--U.S. Government agency facts

*"Indian road rules broadly operate within the domain of karma where you do your best and leave the results to your insurance company."--Coen Jukens (this is funny: http://www.indianest.com/humor/025.htm )

*"I couldn't repair your brakes, so I made your horn louder."--unknown

*"When everything's coming your way, you're in the wrong lane." --unknown

*"Why are there interstates in Hawaii?" --unknown

*"If you are driving at the speed of light and you turn on your headlights, what happens?" --unknown

*"Why is that when you transport something by car, it's called shipment but when you transport something by ship it's called cargo?" --unknown

*"Why do they put Braille dots on the keypad of the drive-up ATM?" --unkknown

*"Why do you need a driver's license to buy liquor when you can't drink and drive?" --unknown

*"Why do we park on driveways and drive on parkways?" --unknown

*"Who will protect the public when the police violate the law?"--Ramsey Clark
"The streets are safe in Philadelphia, it's only the people that make them unsafe" -Former Philadelphia Mayor and Police Chief Frank Rizzo

*"Strictly speaking, a driver can register a BAC of .00% and still be convicted of a DUI. The level of BAC does not clear a driver when it is below the "presumed level of intoxication."
--1999 Tennessee Driver Handbook and Driver License Study Guide

*"It is illegal for law enforcement agencies to impose a quota on their officers.... It is. . . impossible to obey all traffic laws.... You can be arrested for driving under the influence of LEGAL prescription or nonprescription drugs."
--David W. Kelley, California Highway Patrol

*"We are the only profession that goes looking for trouble.... Where else can you drive the wrong way on a one-way street at 60 miles-per-hour?"--from Police on Patrol--The Other Side of the Story, by Linda Kleinschmidt

*"Let it be understood once and for all, that the function of the traffic court is to convict the guilty, acquit the innocent, and improve traffic safety, not to be merely an arm of any revenue-collecting office." -–Judge Alfred Nesbitt, Florida v. Aquilera, et. al., State v. 711-101S Dade Co. (1979 FL--the RADAR case of the 86 MPH tree and the 28 MPH house)

*"The use of courts as local revenue-producing agencies is an abuse of the judicial process. It has long been recognized as unconstitutional for a judge's income to be dependent on the outcome of cases. But a similar result often occurs when the budget of a court is set in relation to the fines the court imposes or when a county or city comes to rely on whatever surplus is produced."
–-To Serve All People: A report from the Commission on the Future of the Tennessee Judicial System 1996

*"Speed traps are twentieth-century's version of highway robbery and there is no need to roll over and play dead. You have the right to defend yourself in a court of law, where the burden of proof lies with the officer pointing that radar gun at you." --Radio Association Defending Airwaves Rights (RADAR), from Case Dismissed II

*"One has fear in front of a goat, in back of a mule, and on every side of a fool."
--Edgar Watson Howe

*"The man who goes alone can start today, but he who travels with another must wait till that other is ready."
--Henry David Thoreau

*"Stop worrying about the potholes in the road and enjoy the journey."
--Babs Hoffman

*"The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page."
--Augustine (354-430)

*"If you wish to travel far and fast, travel light. Take off all your envies, jealousies, unforgiveness, selfishness, and fears."
--Glenn Clark

*"I am one of those who never knows the direction of my journey until I have almost arrived."
--Anna Louise Strong

*"Through travel I first became aware of the outside world; it was through travel that I found my own introspective way into becoming a part of it."
--Eudora Welty

*"The rewards of the journey far outweigh the risk of leaving the harbor."
--Unknown

*"The most important trip you may take in life is meeting people halfway."
--Henry Boye

*"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step."
--Confucius (also attributed to Lao-Tzu)

*"I love to travel, But hate to arrive."
--Albert Einstein

*"A child on a farm sees a plane fly by overhead and dreams of a faraway place A traveler on the plane sees the farmhouse and dreams of home
--Carl Burns (I realize it's not driving, but it's travelling)

*"It is good to have an end to journey towards, but it is the journey that matters in the end."
--Ursula K. LeGuin

*"Travelling into a blackhole is literally an escape from reality."
--Tony Follari Comedian and Artist in New Zealand (again, travel, not driving)

*"A car is not the only thing that can be recalled by its maker."
--Unknown

*"To get to know a country, you must have direct contact with the earth. It's futile to gaze at the world through a car window."
--Albert Einstein

*"When I get real bored, I like to drive down town and get a great parking spot, then sit in my car and count how many people ask me if I'm leaving."
--Steven Wright

*"Living with a conscience is like driving a car with the brakes on."
--Budd Schulberg

*"Normal is getting dressed in clothes that you buy for work and driving through traffic in a car that you are still paying for - in order to get to the job you need to pay for the clothes and the car, and the house you leave vacant all day so you can afford to live in it."
--Ellen Goodman

*"I live my life a quarter mile at a time. For those ten seconds or least I'm free nothing else matters."
--Vin Diesel (The Fast & The Furious)

Posts: 157 | Registered: 09-04-02Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fouzybaby
MSN does not support status - click here for the profile.
posted Hide Post
hey POSER... thanks a lot for those..
but i guess they are most likely related to JOURNEYS and TRIPS ?? but there are some nice ones..
thanks again...

Posts: 82 | Registered: 03-10-01Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Stanley "Stan" Marsh is a fictional character in the animated television series South Park. Voiced and based on series co-creator Trey Parker. Stan is one of the show's four central characters, together with Kyle Broflovski, Kenny McCormick, and Eric Cartman.
=================================================
Bob
[url="http://www.legalx.net"]DUI[/url]

Posts: 4 | Registered: 10-08-08Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Stanley "Stan" Marsh is a fictional character in the animated television series South Park. Voiced and based on series co-creator Trey Parker. Stan is one of the show's four central characters, together with Kyle Broflovski, Kenny McCormick, and Eric Cartman.
=================================================
Bob
DUI

Posts: 4 | Registered: 10-08-08Reply With QuoteReport This Post