Quoteland.com Logo Home Topics Resources Groups
FAQs Site Info Contact Us About the Authors

Quoteland.com    Quoteland.com User Groups    Quoteland.com User Groups  Hop To Forum Categories  I Need a Quote!    I need a quote on running, perservence, or finishing the race.

Moderators: Mrs. Micawber
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I need a quote on running, perservence, or finishing the race.
 Login/Join

posted
I am looking for a quote to put on the back of my track teams t-shirts. I go to a Lutheran high school and I could use some help finding one!

Posts: 36 | Registered: 03-29-00Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here are some saucy:

"The successful person is not the quickest one to see through a thing, but the quickest one to see a thing through."

"If one dive into the sea does not yield a pearl, do not conclude that the sea is without pearls." (authors unknown)

"Many a man has turned and left the dock just before his ship came in."--Wilfred A. Peterson

Posts: 218 | Location: Texas | Registered: 03-28-00Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sorry I did not see what you need the quotations for sausy. Here are shorter ones:

"Determination determines success"

"The best attitude is keep-at-it-ude."

Posts: 218 | Location: Texas | Registered: 03-28-00Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
[/QUOTE] Thank-you for your help Mano!

[This message has been edited by saucy (edited March 31, 2000).]

Posts: 36 | Registered: 03-29-00Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
On the back of our cross-country t-shirts a few years ago we used the quote... "If you can read this we are only running a workout"
Another good one is "The strength of the pack is the wolf, the strength of the wolf is the pack"

Posts: 2 | Registered: 04-02-00Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

If someone can have a piece of the pie, why can't I?

You're aiming too low there buddy.

Posts: 3 | Location: Chicago, IL , USA | Registered: 04-06-00Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sinthat so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverence the race marked out for us. Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. Consider him who endured such opposition from sinful men, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart.

Hebrews 12:1-3

Posts: 16 | Location: Sacramento, California U.S.A | Registered: 03-08-00Reply With QuoteReport This Post