Quoteland.com Logo Home Topics Resources Groups
FAQs Site Info Contact Us About the Authors

Quoteland.com    Quoteland.com User Groups    Quoteland.com User Groups  Hop To Forum Categories  I Need a Quote!    Being two faced or getting backstabbed

Moderators: Mrs. Micawber
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Being two faced or getting backstabbed
 Login/Join

Online Status For 169982728
posted
I searched for a quote with those key words and couldnt seem to come up with anything. So if anyone has any good quotes about your best friend stabbing you in the back or doing you wrong I'd really appreciate it if you'd post them for me. Thanks so much!

Posts: 54 | Registered: 12-18-01Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quoteland Demigod
Picture of Mrs. Micawber
posted Hide Post
An insincere and evil friend is more to be feared than a wild beast; a wild beast may wound your body, but an evil friend will wound your mind.
--Buddha

Posts: 5823 | Location: Scotland, United Kingdom. | Registered: 12-15-02Reply With QuoteReport This Post
AIM: Online Status For Beana145
posted Hide Post
I'm not really sure if this is what you're looking for but this is one i found but im not really sure who said it...

"Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people."

Posts: 21 | Location: Boston, MA | Registered: 03-18-02Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of parisdreamer02
posted Hide Post
"An enemy talks behind your back...and best friend stabs you in the front."
~not sure of the exact lines..sorry its something like that

Posts: 37 | Registered: 01-31-03Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rumblefish_86
posted Hide Post
"True friends stab you in the front"

Oscar Wilde

Posts: 48 | Location: England | Registered: 02-04-03Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Quoteland Potentate
Picture of thenostromo
posted Hide Post
She can't be that two faced otherwise she wouldn't be wearing that one
She must get so exhausted putting make-up on two faces each morning
He's that two faced I bet he doesn't know which face to wash in the morning
He's got more front than Blackpool
He would stab his best friend for the sake of writing an epigram on his tombstone.
- Oscar Wilde
He is a fine friend. He stabs you in the front.
- Leonard Louis Levinson
Bette Davis and I are good friends. There's nothing I wouldn't say to her face - both of them.
- Tallulah Bankhead
He was trying to save both his faces.
- John Gunther
If I was two-faced, would I be wearing this one?
- Abraham Lincoln
She proceeds to dip her little fountain-pen filler into pots of oily venom and to squirt the mixture at all her friends.
- Harold Nicholson
He wears, almost everywhere, two faces; and you have scarce begun to admire the one, e'er you despise the other.
- John Dryden, on William Shakespeare
You've got more faces than an oven full of Gingerbread men.
He has more faces than a clock factory.

The statue at the far left is Janus, the two-faced Roman god.
The painting is A Dance to the Music of Time by Nicholas Poussin (1639)
http://www.princeton.edu/~danson/Lit131/W-winter.htm
Janus-faced Attitudes
Janus was the Roman god who wore two faces, one looking forward, the other backward. He was the god of openings and closings, beginnings and endings. (January is named for him.) He undeservedly has given his name to a phrase, "Janus-faced," which mean two-faced or hypocritical. Many of the characters in Julius Caesar act one way when with one character and another way when alone or with a different character. Casca, Cassius, Antony and even Caesar himself behave differently depending upon who he is with.
Two faced defined

Posts: 17415 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: 06-07-00Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
*~* Sometimes, the people who You thought you were closest w/...aRe the people who are really strangers in the end~*~

not sure if this is what your lookin for..but i hope it helps

Posts: 18 | Registered: 03-20-03Reply With QuoteReport This Post
AIM: Online Status For xxuniquestarxx
posted Hide Post
This is my favorite quote for ppl that are two faced

"if your gonna be two-faced at least ake sure one of your faces are pretty"

Posts: 1 | Location: buffalo, Ny. U.S.A | Registered: 10-28-08Reply With QuoteReport This Post