Quoteland.com Logo Home Topics Resources Groups
FAQs Site Info Contact Us About the Authors

Quoteland.com    Quoteland.com User Groups    Quoteland.com User Groups  Hop To Forum Categories  I Need a Quote!    My grandfather just passed away and he was everything to me.Please send quotes that you believe could help me with the loss of my grandpa

Moderators: Mrs. Micawber
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My grandfather just passed away and he was everything to me.Please send quotes that you believe could help me with the loss of my grandpa
 Login/Join

Picture of Rachel (Rach)
Yahoo IM
posted
My granfather passed away on August 11, 2002. He was a father to me, my bestfriend, and my grandpa. He taught me many things, and summer of 02 i took care of him for 5 months in his own home changing him feeding him, and its just really hard now that he is gone. If u think any quote would fit my needs then please share them with me. Thank you.

Rachel

Posts: 14 | Location: orlando,florida | Registered: 09-05-02Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I hope that these at least offer you some comfort

Safely Home
I am home in Heaven, dear ones;
Oh, so happy and so bright!
There is perfect joy and beauty
In this everlasting light.
All the pain and grief is over,
Every restless tossing passed;
I am now at peace forever,
Safely home in Heaven at last.
Did you wonder why I so calmly
Trod the valley of the shade?
Oh! but Jesus' love illumined
Every dark and fearful glade.
And He came Himself to meet me
In that way so hard to tread;
And with Jesus' arm to lean on,
Could I have one doubt or dread?
Then you must not grieve so sorely,
For I love you dearly still;
Try to look beyond earth's shadows,
Pray to trust our Father's Will.
There is work still waiting for you
So you must not idly stand;
Do it now, while life remaineth --
You shall rest in Jesus' land.
When that work is all completed,
He will gently call you Home;
Oh, the rapture of that meeting,
Oh, the joy to see you come!

People in mourning have to come to grips
with death before they can live again.
Mourning can go on for years and years.
It doesn't end after a year: That's a false
fantasy. It usually ends when people
realize that they can live again, that they
can concentrate their energies on their
lives as a whole, and not on their hurt,
and guilt, and pain.
by: Elisabeth Kubler-Ross

For the test of the heart is trouble
And it always comes with years.
And the smile that is worth the praises of earth
Is the smile that shines through the tears.
- An Irish Proverb

"Death of a loved one is the most severe test that you will ever face, and if you can rise above your grief and if you will trust in God, then you will be able to surmount any other difficulty with which you may be faced."
Harold B. Lee

Do not suppose, my dearest ones, that when I have left you I shall be nowhere and no one. Even when I was with you, you did not see my soul, but knew that it was in this body of mine from what I did. Believe that it is still the same, even though you see it not... Wherefore, preserve my memory by the loyalty and piety of your lives.

Weeping is the most human and universal of all relief measures.
by: Dr. Karl Menninger

Surviving the loss of a loved one is its own kind of test.
To tell our story is a way
of affirming the life of the loved one we have lost--
the experiences we had together,
The favorite family stories.
To tell the story is a way of moving the grief along,
and so contributes to our own healing.
Martha Whitmore Hickman

I'M FREE

Don't grieve for me, for now I'm free
I'm following the path God laid for me.
I took His hand when I heard him call;
I turned my back and left it all.
I could not stay another day,
To laugh, to love, to work or play.
Tasks left undone must stay that way;
I found that place at the close of day.
If my parting has left a void,
Then fill it with remembered joy.
A friendship shared a laugh, a kiss;
Ah yes, these things, I too will miss.
Be not burdened with times of sorrow
I wish you the sunshine of tomorrow.
My life's been full, I savored much;
Good friends, good times, a loved ones touch.
Perhaps my time seems all to brief;
Don't lengthen it now with undue grief.
Lift up your heart and share with me,
God wanted me now, He set me free.
Author: Linda Jo Jackson

LETTER FROM HEAVEN

To my dearest family, some things I'd like to say.
But first of all, to let you know, that I arrived okay.
I'm writing this from heaven. Here I dwell with God
above. Here, there's no more tears of sadness; Here is just eternal love.
Please do not be unhappy just because I'm out of sight.
Remember that I am with you every morning, noon and night.
That day I had to leave you when my life on earth was
through. God picked me up and hugged me and He said, "I welcome you.
It's good to have you back again, you were missed while
you were gone. As for your dearest family, They'll be here later on.
There's so much that we have to do, to help our mortal man."
God gave me a list of things, that he wished for me to
do. And foremost on the list, was to watch and care for you.
And when you lie in bed at night the day's chores put to
flight. God and I are closest to you....in the middle of the night.
When you think of my life on earth, and all those loving
years. Because you are only human, they are bound to bring you tears.
But do not be afraid to cry: it does relieve the pain. Remember
there would be no flowers, unless there was some rain.
I wish that I could tell you all that God has planned.
If I were to tell you, you wouldn't understand.
But one thing is for certain, though my life on earth is
o'er. I'm closer to you now, than I ever was before.
There are many rocky roads ahead of you and many hills to
climb; But together we can do it by taking one day at a time.
It was always my philosophy and I'd like it for you too;
That as you give unto the world, the world will give to you.
If you can help somebody who's in sorrow and pain;
Then you can say to God at night......"My day was not in vain."
And now I am contented....that my life was worthwhile.
Knowing as I passed along the way I made somebody smile.
So if you meet somebody who is sad and feeling low;
Just lend a hand to pick him up, as on your way you go.
When you're walking down the street and you've got Me on
your mind; I'm walking in your footsteps only half a step behind.
And when it's time for you to go....from that body to be
free. Remember you're not going.....you're coming here to Me.

When I am gone, release me, let me go.
I have so many things to see and do.
You must not tie yourself to me with tears.
Be happy that we had so many years.
I gave you my love.
You can only guess how much you gave me in happiness.
But now it's time I traveled on alone.
So grieve a while for me if grieve you must,
then let your grief be comforted by trust.

It's only for a while that we must part.
So bless the memories within your heart.
I won't be far away, and life goes on.
So if you need me, call and I will come.

Though you can't see or touch me,
I'll be near and if you listen with your heart,
you'll hear all of my love around you soft and clear.
And then when you must come this way alone,
I'll greet you with a smile and say,
"Welcome Home."

Posts: 87 | Location: Cedar Rapids, Iowa | Registered: 07-09-01Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quoteland Fanatic
Picture of Asa
posted Hide Post
You would know the secret of death. But how shall you find it unless you seek it in the heart of life? The owl whose night-bound eyes are blind unto the day cannot unveil the mystery of light. If you would indeed behold the spirit of death, open your heart wide unto the body of life. For life and death are one, even as the river and the sea are one.

In the depth of your hopes and desires lies your silent knowledge of the beyond; and like seeds dreaming beneath the snow your heart dreams of spring. Trust the dreams, for in them is hidden the gate to eternity.

Your fear of death is but the trembling of the shepherd when he stands before the king whose hand is to be laid upon him in honor. Is the shepherd not joyful beneath his trembling, that he shall wear the mark of the king? Yet is he not more mindful of his trembling?

For what is it to die but to stand naked in the winds and to melt into the sun? And what is it to cease breathing, but to free the breath from its restless tides, that it may rise and expand and seek God unencumbered?

Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountaintop, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance.

The Prophet – On Death

Posts: 2271 | Location: Scotland | Registered: 01-03-02Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rachel (Rach)
Yahoo IM
posted Hide Post
I cant not explain the feeling I have in my heart right now. Thank you Cajunrose and Asa for taking your time to send me those amazing writtings. I read them and cryed. But i cried because i felt comfort in the words. Thank you so much you have brightend my day and down days i have i will look at the wonderful wonderful writtings you sent me. God bless you and thank you.

Rachel

Posts: 14 | Location: orlando,florida | Registered: 09-05-02Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Foot Prints
One night a man had a dream.
He dreamed he was walking along the beach with the LORD.
Across the sky flashed scenes from his life.
For each scene he noticed two sets of footprints in the sand:
one belonging to him, and the other to the LORD.
When the last scene of his life flashed before him,
he looked back at the footprints in the sand.
He noticed that many times along the path of his life there was only
one set of footprints. He also noticed that it happened
at the very lowest and saddest times in his life.
This really bothered him and he questioned the LORD about it:
"LORD, you said that once I decided to follow you,
you'd walk with me all the way. But I have noticed that during the most
troublesome times in my life, there is only one set of footprints.
I don't understand why when I needed you most you would leave me."
The LORD replied: "My son, my precious child,
I love you and I would never leave you.
During your times of trial and suffering,
when you see only one set of footprints,
it was then that I carried you."

My deepest Sympathy, This poem may sound real churchy but if you believe in god then this might help

Posts: 9 | Registered: 07-13-02Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
thats such a sweet story and its very calming and soothing.
rachel im so sorry 4 ur loss, but its not realy a loss its a gain becuse now you can be 100% sure that ur granpa will always be safe in the arms of the lord.
roll eyes

luv yas all
~Baby doll~

Posts: 68 | Location: Australia | Registered: 09-20-02Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My grandfather lived with me for most of my life. He was another father figure, a friend. He was always there when I needed him. It was this past April of Senior year, I am coming home from school, and my sister calls my friends cell phone. She leaves a message saying my grandfather got rushed to the hospital. Turns out he had a stroke. Everyone said he would come out if it, but little did we know he would never be normal again. We got the test results back and he was brain dead, it turns out he has the Massive Stroke, not a small one but the BIG ONE. I knew that I would never hear his voice again. He stayed in the hospital for a week, my mom decided to take him off the machines and just wait it out. He had a strong heart. I was at my aunts house hanging out and my mom calls me to get to the hospital quickly because the end is near. I am about to leave and get another phone call, it was to late. I picked up my older sister at work and we drove to the hospital. Very Very sad i still get emotional when I think about it. Now that i just explained my whole life story. On one of my friends profile they had this quote, which i thought was very true. She had lost her father 2 years ago. Here's the quote:

God saw you getting tired when a cure was not to be so He put His arms around you and whispered 'Come with Me.'with saddened eyes we watched you as you quietly slipped away. Although we loved you dearly,we couldn't make you stay. A golden heart stopped beating,hard-working hands at rest. God broke our hearts to show us He chose to take the best.

Posts: 7 | Registered: 09-21-02Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rachel (Rach)
Yahoo IM
posted Hide Post
grkdleselqt..I want to thank you for sharing your story. I am so sorry to hear. When my grandfather passed away I just left him 2 days befor to go visit my mom about 3 hours away. I got a call from my brother about 11:45 pm August 11,2002 telling me that our grandpa didnt have much longer. My mother and I dorve so fast to try and make it in time. But simply 3 hours was to long for him to wait. My grandmother, brother, and sister were there in his room when he finally went to rest. The quote you shared with me I think really really puts his last night into this perfect understanding. My grandfather had heart problems and only 10% of his heart was working. In April of 02 they gave him 6 months with only 10% working he lasted 5.We did everything we could for him.Kept him at home and took care of him. Nurses came to check on him every week and we all just did everything we could and the part in the quote that talks about "God saw you getting tired when a cure was not to be. So he put his arms around you and whispered come with me" i think really describes where the nurses and us really just couldnt do anymore...and the part where it talks about slipping quietly away..describes the way he went. Im told he looked at my grandma and said im going see you sometime soon together forever, and my brother came in his room and he told my brother to be the man he knows ,and to tell me he loved me and thank you for taking care of him and telling my sister she was the strong woman he knew she would always be and then said to tell the rest of the family......then he just stopped and silently went. The quote is wonderful and thank you so much!!!!!!!!!!!!! God bless you.

Rachel

Picture of Rachel (Rach)
Yahoo IM
posted Hide Post
lilmiss...The footprints poem is not to church like. As a matter of fact that is the poem we placed on the cards with his name d.o.b and death information so people could have at the lay out. Footprints was on the front of the cards. It is my grandfathers fav. poem. So thank you very much. God bless you

Rachel

Picture of Rachel (Rach)
Yahoo IM
posted Hide Post
babydoll....thank you very much for your kinds words spoken. God bless you.

Rachel

Picture of itsaldie
posted Hide Post

This was picture was taken 2 years ago.

"Before everything fell apart. Before the cancer started to get worse. Tata was still strong and smiling. He didn't let this disease get in the way of anything. And when it came to meeting me for the first time, I felt so lucky. Because in him I saw my Tata. I lost my Tata to cancer as well many years ago. To see Patrick Robles's Tata fighting...made me wish that my Tata could've made it far enough for us to make it. For us to tell him "I love you" one last time. Tata's condition is getting worse, and I know exactly what Patrick and his family are going through because I went through it years ago. It doesn't get any easier, but when there's someone you can lean on, who will let you cry, who will hold your hand and really understand your pain...it makes the road just a little easier. Those we love are never truly gone. They live within our heart. It's up to us to make sure they stay. Remember when you told me that?"

Patrick and I used to be engaged, but some things in our life made us call off the engagement. Though his family doesn't want me in his life, I'm still here to be his support whenever he needs it most. He's hiding his sadness and pain and it hurts me to see that because I don't want him to sink into depression. I'm here. It's all I can offer at this point...

Posts: 1 | Registered: 01-23-12Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quoteland Demigod
Picture of Trader
posted Hide Post
^^^ Maybe the wrong forum for this?

“Yesterday is gone. Tomorrow has not yet come. We have only today. Let us begin.”
~Mother Teresa (1910-1997)

Posts: 5787 | Location: Lotusland | Registered: 11-24-01Reply With QuoteReport This Post