Quoteland.com Logo Home Topics Resources Groups
FAQs Site Info Contact Us About the Authors

Quoteland.com    Quoteland.com User Groups    Quoteland.com User Groups  Hop To Forum Categories  I Need a Quote!    forgetting and accepting someone's past

Moderators: Mrs. Micawber
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

forgetting and accepting someone's past
 Login/Join

Online Status For null
posted
There's this person that I really care about, but they have a past that when I think about, makes me upset. Got any quotes regarding this topic?

null

Posts: 109 | Registered: 12-30-99Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
i dont know if this is exactly what you are looking for but............

The farther behind I leave the past, the closer I am to forging my own character.
Isabelle Eberhardt

Even God cannot change the past.
Agathon

We can draw lessons from the past, but we cannot live in it.
Lyndon B. Johnson, December 13, 1963

Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.
George Santayana (1863 - 1952), The Life of Reason, Volume 1, 1905

When you make a mistake, don't look back at it long. Take the reason of the thing into your mind and then look forward. Mistakes are lessons of wisdom. The past cannot be changed. The future is yet in your power.
Hugh White

Look not mournfully into the past. It comes not back again. Wisely improve the present. It is thine. Go forth to meet the shadowy future, without fear.
Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

Posts: 29 | Registered: 07-15-01Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Quoteland Potentate
Picture of thenostromo
posted Hide Post
Forget the past and live the present hour.
Sarah Knowles Bolton

You are now at a crossroads. This is your opportunity to make the most important decision you will ever make. Forget your past. Who are you now? Who have you decided you really are now? Don't think about who you have been. Who are you now? Who have you decided to become? Make this decision consciously. Make it carefully. Make it powerfully.
~Anthony Robbins

Our achievements speak for themselves. What we have to keep track of are our failures, discouragements, and doubts. We tend to forget the past difficulties, the many false starts, and the painful groping. We see our past achievements as the end result of a clean forward thrust, and our present difficulties as signs of decline and decay.
~Eric Hoffer

Speak not, move not, but listen, the sky is full of gold.
No ripple on the river, no stir in field or fold,
All gleams but naught doth glisten, but the far-off unseen sea.

Forget days past, heart broken, put all memory by!
No grief on the green hillside, no pity in the sky,
Joy that may not be spoken fills mead and flower and tree.
~William Morris

"Forget the things that lie behind you, forget your past life of sin, and reach forward to those things that are before you."
"Let no one look back; let no one delight himself with his former interests; let no one turn from what lies ahead to that which is now behind; let him run until he arrives - and we run, not with our feet, but by the power of our desiring. But never let anyone say that he has reached it in this life."
~Saint Augustine
http://www.monksofadoration.org/bk/bookrv3.html

Good to forgive, Best to forget.
~Browning

To err is human, to forgive, divine.
~Pope, Alexander (1688 - 1744)
British poet. An Essay on Criticism, 1711

The stupid neither forgive nor forget;
the naive forgive and forget;
the wise forgive but do not forget.
~Szasz, Thomas (1920)
US psychiatrist. The Second Sin, 1974
http://www.xrefer.com/entry/208339

...a wise old owl...and a crafty old cat...

Posts: 17415 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: 06-07-00Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am not sure if this is what you have been looking for but...I will give it a try:

"I don't regret the things I have done or the things I have chosen not to do because what ever I've done, I must have done something right because I ended up with you."
~Eryn Mlynarski

Posts: 3 | Location: NYC, USA | Registered: 07-09-01Reply With QuoteReport This Post