Quoteland.com Logo Home Topics Resources Groups
FAQs Site Info Contact Us About the Authors

Quoteland.com    Quoteland.com User Groups    Quoteland.com User Groups  Hop To Forum Categories  I Need a Quote!    Quote for orphan children...

Moderators: Mrs. Micawber
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Quote for orphan children...
 Login/Join

Picture of Fabiola
AIM: Online Status For junglegirl3
posted
Hello!

I am building a web site for an organization that has a home for children waiting to be adopted. I need some quotes about orphan children, abandom, adoptions or something related, any help would be greatly appreciated.

"Without fanaticism, one cannot accomplish anything" ~EVITA PERON.

Posts: 131 | Location: HomieLand | Registered: 08-23-00Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quoteland Demigod
Picture of Ananya
posted Hide Post
Those who help a child help humanity with an immediateness which no other help given to human creature in any other stage of human life can possibly give again.
The real joy of life is in its play. Play is anything we do for the joy and love of doing it, apart from any profit, compulsion, or sense of duty. It is the real living of life with the feeling of freedom and self-expression. Play is the business of childhood, and its continuation in later years is the prolongation of youth.
-- Walter Rauschenbach

Children need love, especially when they do not deserve it.
-- Harold Hulbert

When there is not love for a child to remember,
Then there is nothing for the child to remember except the hate.
--- Roger Dean Kiser

The hearts of small children are delicate organs. A cruel beginning in this world can twist them into curious shapes. The heart of a hurt child can shrink so that forever afterward it is hard and pitted as the seed of a peach. Or, again, the heart of such a child may fester and swell until it is misery to carry within the body, easily chafed and hurt by the most ordinary things.
-- Carson Smith McCullers

It is not the physical pain that endangers orphans the most. It is the mental pain caused by stress from years and years of being neglected, pushed aside, disregarded, unloved, and made to feel undeserving, and in almost all cases, made to feel like a possession rather than an equal human being. Even more it is the lack of unconditional love, the right to be accepted, as a child and to be loved, as a child, no matter what you do is the most wounding.
-- Roger Dean Kiser, from Orphan - A true Story of Abandonment, Abuse and Redemption.

-

much love, light and laughter,
ananya.

*~ Scatter Joy ~* - Emerson

Posts: 6242 | Location: India | Registered: 07-03-01Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lblucyfan
posted Hide Post
here's some about helping people...

"If you can't feed a hundred people, then feed just one." -Mother Teresa

"No man is so poor as to have nothing worth giving. Give what you have. To someone it may be better than you dare to think." -Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

"Unto whomsoever much is given, of him much will be required." -Luke 12:48

"Great opportunities to help others seldom come, but small ones surround us every day." -Sally Koch

"It is one of the most beautiful compensations of this life that no man can sincerely try to help another without helping himself." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

and some quotes about love...

"Love heals people-- both the ones who give it and the ones who receive it." -Karl Menninger

"Children will not remember you for the material things you provided, but for the feeling that you cherished them." -Richard Evans

"Love is a wonderful thing. You never have to take it away from one person to give it to another. There's always more than enough to go around." -Pamela deRoy

and a few random ones...

"One hundred years from now, it will not matter what kind of car I drove, how much I had in my bank account, or what my clothes looked like. But the world may be a little better because I was important in the life of a child." -unknown

"If you treat an individual... as if he were what he ought to be and could be, he will become what he ought to be and could be." -Goethe

"Our family never shared the same last name/ But our family was a family just the same/ And they say blood is thicker than water/ Oh, but love is thicker than blood." -from "Thicker than Blood" by Garth Brooks

hope that helps!

Posts: 215 | Location: California | Registered: 08-23-02Reply With QuoteReport This Post