Quoteland.com Logo Home Topics Resources Groups
FAQs Site Info Contact Us About the Authors

Quoteland.com    Quoteland.com User Groups    Quoteland.com User Groups  Hop To Forum Categories  Favorite Quotations I & II    Peter Piper Picked a Peck Pickled pepper poem

Moderators: emeraldcitizen
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Peter Piper Picked a Peck Pickled pepper poem
 Login/Join 
Picture of Cevi
MSN does not support status - click here for the profile.
posted
This is the full version of Peter piper who picked a peck of pickled pepper, which I searched and found on "Between Lions" website and am posting in fav. quotes. Hope this the right forum to post it?

http://pbskids.org/lions/printables/stories/story_peck.html

This being one nursery rhyme in its shorter version caught my eye, and is my favorite. Just wanted to know the original writer who wrote this rhyme.

Peter Piper
Picked a peck
Of pickled peppers.

A peck of pickled peppers
Peter Piper picked.

If Peter Piper
Picked a peck
Of pickled peppers,

Where is the peck
Of pickled peppers
Peter Piper picked?

A pickled pepper
Picked a peck
Of Peter Pipers.

A peck of Peter Pipers
A pickled pepper picked.

If a pickled pepper
Picked a peck
Of Peter Pipers,

Where is the peck
Of Peter Pipers
A pickled pepper picked?

The End

With best regards

Vivek

There Is No Real Pleasure Without Hard Work & Pain

Posts: 390 | Location: Across The Bridge Forever converging into the infinite One | Registered: 06-14-01Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Quoteland Potentate
Picture of thenostromo
posted Hide Post
The English "tongue-twisters," e. g. Peter Piper picked a peck of pickled peppers; She sells sea-shells by the seashore; Bill had a billboard and also a board bill, but the board bill bored Bill so that he sold the billboard to pay the board bill, belong to the more usual type of such phrases.
~from ARCHER TAYLOR, THE CONTENT OF PROVERBS
http://www.utas.edu.au/docs/flonta/DP,2,2,96/CONTENT.html

John Peck is interested in a house on Pepper Street listed with Pickle Real Estate. He calls his friend Peter Piper, a salesperson with Old Salt Realty, to show him the house. What would be required of Peter Piper if Pickle’s Pepper is picked by Peck?
a. Peter Piper must get a written agency disclosure signed before showing the house.
b. Peter Piper must get a written agency disclosure signed before writing the offer.
c. Peter Piper could be a presumed buyer’s agent with a verbal disclosure, since he is writing an offer on a house listed with another company.
d. Because they are old drinking buddies, no disclosure would be required if Peck is Pickled when he picks Pepper.
http://yourdailyquiz.com/StateLaw.htm

In the tongue twister "Peter Piper's Pickled Peppers" we found the key conflict to link these characters. What if a thief stole Peter's peppers? What if the play developed as a mystery with characters providing Peter with clues to help him find his missing peppers? An introductory scene could set the conflict and a concluding scene could bring everything together to reveal the thief's identity.
~Barbara Poston-Anderson
In [the] play this central problem was set up in the first scene as Peter enters crying with an empty basket and his friend, Owl, tries to discover what is wrong.

Owl: Peter! What's wrong? (Owl gives a hanky to Peter, who blows his nose loudly) Let me guess. Is it because.you're sick?
Peter: No!
Owl: Is it because you're hungry?
Peter: (Crying) No!
Owl: Whatever could it be then? (To children) Do you have any ideas? (accepts idea from audience and asks) Is it because you're (fill in idea)?
Peter: NO!
Owl: (To children) It's not that either! (Peter shows Owl empty basket) (Gasps) Oh! I think I know. Peter Piper picked a peck of pickled peppers; A peck of pickled peppers Peter Piper picked; If Peter Piper picked a peck of pickled peppers, where's the peck of pickled peppers Peter Piper picked? Is that right?
Peter: (nods) My peppers are gone. They've disappeared.
Owl: Someone's taken them? (Peter nods sadly) Who?
http://ijea.asu.edu/v1n5/

Peppercorns, The King of Spices
http://www.cookswares.com/discussions/peppercorns.asp

Posts: 17415 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: 06-07-00Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quoteland Fanatic
Picture of triscodeca
posted Hide Post
It is listed under the section Anonymous (of origin) in Bartlett's Familiar Quotations (16th edtn.)

BTW the full version is the one we are all familiar with. The additional lines were added by the character in that episode of Between the Lions. Lionel (one of the cubs) has no problem in saying the tongue twister so the character (some female writer) modifies it by exchanging "Peter Piper" and "pickled peppers".

Yeah I saw that particular episode! eek

-----------
1) Use descriptive subject headers when starting a new topic
2) Search previous threads before posting (and save time!!)
3) Check out the Quote Searching Tutorial

Posts: 2061 | Location: Bangalore, India | Registered: 10-11-99Reply With QuoteReport This Post