Quoteland.com Logo Home Topics Resources Groups
FAQs Site Info Contact Us About the Authors

Quoteland.com    Quoteland.com User Groups    Quoteland.com User Groups  Hop To Forum Categories  Favorite Quotations I & II    Quote A Day Game - 7th Edition
Page 1 ... 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 ... 404

Moderators: emeraldcitizen
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Quote A Day Game - 7th Edition
 Login/Join 
Quoteland Overlord
Picture of Trader
posted Hide Post
"If you have knowledge, let others light their candles in it."
~Margaret Fuller (1810-1850)

“Yesterday is gone. Tomorrow has not yet come. We have only today. Let us begin.”
~Mother Teresa (1910-1997)

Posts: 12095 | Location: Lotusland | Registered: 11-24-01Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quoteland Godfather
Picture of Zendam
posted Hide Post
There is a destiny that makes us brothers,
None goes his way alone;
All that we send into the lives of others,
Comes back into our own.
~Edwin Markham (1852-1940), American poet, Lincoln & Other Poems [1901] "A Creed To Mr. David Lubin"

Since we are destined to live out our lives in the prison of our minds, our one duty is to furnish it well~Peter Ustinov

Posts: 21461 | Location: CT | Registered: 08-30-00Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mayaqueen
posted Hide Post
"I do not wish them [women] to have power over men; but over themselves"
Mary Wollstonecraft - English feminist - 1759-1797

"I am a woman and my business is to hold things together"
F. Scott Fitzgerald - America novelist - 1896-1940

Di

Posts: 1824 | Registered: 02-15-14Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quoteland Godfather
Picture of Zendam
posted Hide Post
If we had paid attention, we would have understood there are some things in this world you cannot outrun.~Alice Hoffman (1952-), novelist

Since we are destined to live out our lives in the prison of our minds, our one duty is to furnish it well~Peter Ustinov

Posts: 21461 | Location: CT | Registered: 08-30-00Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mayaqueen
posted Hide Post
"What is the true self? It's brilliantly transparent like the deep blue sky, and there's no gap between it and all living beings"
Kodo Sawaki - Zen teacher - 1880-1965

Di

Quoteland Overlord
Picture of Trader
posted Hide Post
"There's no tragedy in life like the death of a child. Things never get back to the way they were."
~Dwight D. Eisenhower (1890-1969)

Were it up to me; March 9th would be stricken from the calendar.

Posts: 12095 | Location: Lotusland | Registered: 11-24-01Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quoteland Godfather
Picture of Zendam
posted Hide Post
Patriotic duty and the disease of nationalism lure us to deny our common humanity.~Christopher Lynn "Chris" "The Hedge" Hedges (1956-), American journalist

Quoteland Overlord
Picture of Trader
posted Hide Post
"I think I am aging, but I'm enjoying the process."
~Sharon Stone (1958-   )

I hope her 60th was a good one.

“Yesterday is gone. Tomorrow has not yet come. We have only today. Let us begin.”

Quoteland Godfather
Picture of Zendam
posted Hide Post
From birth to age 18, a girl needs good parents, from 18 to 35 she needs good looks, from 35 to 55 she needs a good personality, and from 55 on she needs cash.~Sophie Tucker (1884-1966), singer, actress

Women hate revolutions and revolutionists. They like men who are docile, and well-regarded at the bank, and never late at meals.~H. L. Mencken (1880-1956), journalist, Prejudices, Fourth Series [1924]

Quoteland Demigod
Picture of Mrs. Micawber
posted Hide Post
America has been discovered before, but it has always been hushed up.
-- Oscar Wilde: (1856-1900) Anglo-Irish playwright, novelist.
appealed to my sense of humor LoL

"But each day brings its petty dust our soon-choked souls to fill, and we forget because we must, and not because we will."...Matthew Arnold. [now that's what I call poetic]

Posts: 6768 | Location: S.W. Scotland, United Kingdom. | Registered: 12-15-02Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quoteland Overlord
Picture of Trader
posted Hide Post
"You can't have a free democracy if you don't have a free media that can provide vital and independent information to the people."
~Rupert Murdoch (1931-   )

Picture of mayaqueen
posted Hide Post
"Minds are like parachutes. They only function when they are open"
James Dewar - Scottish physicist - 1842-1923

Di

Quoteland Godfather
Picture of Zendam
posted Hide Post
The search for truth takes you where the evidence leads you, even if, at first, you don't want to go there.~Bart D. Ehrman (1955-), New Testament scholar

Quoteland Overlord
Picture of Trader
posted Hide Post
"All you need is the plan, the road map, and the courage to press on to your destination."
~Earl Nightingale (1921-1989)

Picture of mayaqueen
posted Hide Post
"If you can't annoy somebody with what you write, I think there's little point in writing"
Kingsley Amis - English novelist - 1922-1995

Di

Quoteland Demigod
Picture of Mrs. Micawber
posted Hide Post
Patience is a necessary ingredient of genius.
-- Benjamin Disraeli: (1804-1881) English statesman, novelist.

"But each day brings its petty dust our soon-choked souls to fill, and we forget because we must, and not because we will."...Matthew Arnold. [now that's what I call poetic]

Posts: 6768 | Location: S.W. Scotland, United Kingdom. | Registered: 12-15-02Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quoteland Godfather
Picture of Zendam
posted Hide Post
The beginning of wisdom is found in doubting.~Peter Abelard (1079-1142), French philosopher

Quoteland Overlord
Picture of Trader
posted Hide Post
"Without the spiritual world the material world is a disheartening enigma."
~Joseph Joubert (1754-1824)

Quoteland Demigod
Picture of Mrs. Micawber
posted Hide Post
“My advice to other disabled people would be, concentrate on things your disability doesn’t prevent you doing well, and don’t regret the things it interferes with. Don’t be disabled in spirit, as well as physically.”|
Professor Stephen Hawking [January 8 1942-March 14 2018]. Brilliant British Theoretical Physicist.
R.I.P. I wonder if he has all the answers now!!

Quoteland Godfather
Picture of Zendam
posted Hide Post
For a politician to complain about the press is like a ship's captain complaining about the sea.~Enoch Powell (1912-1998), British politician