Quoteland.com Logo Home Topics Resources Groups
FAQs Site Info Contact Us About the Authors

Quoteland.com    Quoteland.com User Groups    Quoteland.com User Groups  Hop To Forum Categories  Favorite Quotations I & II    Quote A Day Game - 7th Edition
Page 1 ... 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 ... 407

Moderators: emeraldcitizen
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Quote A Day Game - 7th Edition
 Login/Join 
Quoteland Godfather
Picture of Zendam
posted Hide Post
I love the thought of a car drifting apparently endlessly through space and perhaps being discovered by an alien race millions of years in the future.~Elon Musk (1971-), Billionaire and Tesla CEO

Since we are destined to live out our lives in the prison of our minds, our one duty is to furnish it well~Peter Ustinov

Posts: 21504 | Location: CT | Registered: 08-30-00Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quoteland Overlord
Picture of Trader
posted Hide Post
"You are not only responsible for what you say, but also for what you do not say."
~Martin Luther (1483-1546)

“Yesterday is gone. Tomorrow has not yet come. We have only today. Let us begin.”
~Mother Teresa (1910-1997)

Posts: 12145 | Location: Lotusland | Registered: 11-24-01Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quoteland Godfather
Picture of Zendam
posted Hide Post
There are persons who, when they cease to shock us, cease to interest us.~F. H. Bradley (1846-1924), British philosopher

Since we are destined to live out our lives in the prison of our minds, our one duty is to furnish it well~Peter Ustinov

Posts: 21504 | Location: CT | Registered: 08-30-00Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mayaqueen
posted Hide Post
"Take care that you never declare war on Cupid"
Plautus - Cistellaria, 300

Di

Posts: 1844 | Registered: 02-15-14Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quoteland Demigod
Picture of Mrs. Micawber
posted Hide Post
I never forget a face, but I'll make an exception in your case.
-- Groucho Marx: (1890-1977) US comedian Razz

"But each day brings its petty dust our soon-choked souls to fill, and we forget because we must, and not because we will."...Matthew Arnold. [now that's what I call poetic]

Posts: 6776 | Location: S.W. Scotland, United Kingdom. | Registered: 12-15-02Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quoteland Godfather
Picture of Zendam
posted Hide Post
Hollywood is like being nowhere and talking to nobody about nothing.~Michelangelo Antonioni (1912-2007), Italian film director

Quoteland Overlord
Picture of Trader
posted Hide Post
"When I was a boy I was told that anybody could become President; I'm beginning to believe it."
~Clarence Darrow (1857-1938)

“Yesterday is gone. Tomorrow has not yet come. We have only today. Let us begin.”

Posts: 12145 | Location: Lotusland | Registered: 11-24-01Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mayaqueen
posted Hide Post
"An ambassador is an honest man sent to lie abroad for the good of his country."
Henry Wotton - English diplomat - 1568-1639

Di

Quoteland Godfather
Picture of Zendam
posted Hide Post
The essence of immorality is the tendency to make an exception of one's self.~Jane Adams (1860-1935), sociologist, activist

Quoteland Demigod
Picture of Mrs. Micawber
posted Hide Post
Some things have to be believed to be seen.
-- Ralph Hodgson: (1871-1962) English poet.

"But each day brings its petty dust our soon-choked souls to fill, and we forget because we must, and not because we will."...Matthew Arnold. [now that's what I call poetic]

Posts: 6776 | Location: S.W. Scotland, United Kingdom. | Registered: 12-15-02Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mayaqueen
posted Hide Post
"99% of the world's lovers are not with their first choice. That's what makes the jukebox play.
Willie Nelson - Country music singer

Di

Quoteland Overlord
Picture of Trader
posted Hide Post
"Compassion is the basis of morality."
~Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

Quoteland Godfather
Picture of Zendam
posted Hide Post
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius- and a lot of courage- to move in the opposite direction.~Ernst Friedrich "Fritz" Schumacher (1911–1977), economist

Quoteland Overlord
Picture of Trader
posted Hide Post
"If you haven't found something strange during the day, it hasn't been much of a day."
~John Archibald Wheeler (1911-2008)

Quoteland Demigod
Picture of Mrs. Micawber
posted Hide Post
Blessed are the young, for they shall inherit the national debt.
-- Herbert Hoover: (1874-1964) US president (31st), engineer.

Quoteland Godfather
Picture of Zendam
posted Hide Post
But surely for everything you have to love you have to pay some price.~Dame Agatha Mary Clarissa Christie (1890–1976) was an English crime writer of novels, short stories

Picture of mayaqueen
posted Hide Post
"No matter what you've done for yourself or for humanity, if you can't look back on having given love and attention to your own family, what have you really accomplished?"
Lee Iacocca - American executive - 1924-

Di

Quoteland Overlord
Picture of Trader
posted Hide Post
Obit:

"For more than four years I gave all my energy to UNHCR (United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees). To be frank, despite all my loyalty, insult has now been added to injury and therefore I resign as High Commissioner."
~Rudolphus "Ruud" Lubbers (1939-2018)

Quoteland Godfather
Picture of Zendam
posted Hide Post
In America the race is on between its decadence and its vitality, and it has plenty of both.~Alfred Alistair Cooke (1908-March 30, 2004) was a British/American journalist, television personality

Quoteland Overlord
Picture of Trader
posted Hide Post
"There is a recognition that Second Amendment rights, like First Amendment and other rights, come with responsibilities and limitations. There is no reason both sides of the gun debate can't support policies that both protect the right to legally own guns for sport and safety, and reduce the likelihood of mass fatalities."
~Randi Weingarten (1957-   )