Quoteland.com Logo Home Topics Resources Groups
FAQs Site Info Contact Us About the Authors

Quoteland.com    Quoteland.com User Groups    Quoteland.com User Groups  Hop To Forum Categories  Updates and News    New Debate Facilitator: Ladon

Moderators: thenostromo
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Debate Facilitator: Ladon
 Login/Join

Administrator
Quoteland Potentate
Picture of thenostromo
posted
This change is effective immediately. Katelyn has voluntarily stepped down due to personal time requirements that will limit her availability to Quoteland. She suggested Ladon to replace her and he has accepted. Please join me in welcoming him aboard. Smile

Posts: 17415 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: 06-07-00Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quoteland Fanatic
Quoteland Fanatic
Picture of Katelyn
MSN does not support status - click here for the profile.
posted Hide Post
Welcome Ladon! Smile

You were the one who challenged me to be a better debator when I first started out here, and I've no doubt that you will inspire others to debate at their best, as well. And with your no nonsense approach to debate, I know the forum will be better off with you as a facilitator.

So let me know if you have any questions, thank you in advance for taking on the responsibility of the DF, and again, welcome! I look forward to seeing the forum thrive under your facilitatorshipness Big Grin

-------------------------
"The sleep of reason produces monsters." ~Francisco de Goya

Posts: 3489 | Location: United States | Registered: 03-17-02Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quoteland Titan
Picture of EmeraldEyes
posted Hide Post
When I stepped down as debate facilitator a while ago ..... I suggested to TN that my replacement be "Katelyn OR Ladon". I respect both, Katelyn for obvious reasons! and although, Ladon, we have had run ins..... I have always beheld you with respect regardless of the fact that you suggested that I was 'a pork pie short of a picnic'!!

Congrats! Give it all you got.... by Crikey!! Rolling

Posts: 3766 | Location: Brisbane, Australia | Registered: 07-26-02Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quoteland Titan
Picture of Ladon
posted Hide Post
Thank you for your kind welcomes.

[ACLU Execution Watch Counter]
ACLU Execution Watch

*Jesus is not a Republican or a member of the NRA*

Posts: 3788 | Location: California then Vermont | Registered: 09-13-01Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quoteland Fanatic
Picture of Asa
posted Hide Post
Now, that seems just so apt.
You've had to rein me in a few times Katelyn and in so doing you brought me back down to earth.
Thanks.

I'll look forward to another intelligent facilitator, in you Ladon, to continue the tradition.

Get Curious!

Posts: 2271 | Location: Scotland | Registered: 01-03-02Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quoteland Titan
Picture of EeyoreLynn
posted Hide Post
I'm a bit slow these days, welcome, and although I stay away from debate, I'm sure you'll do fine.

"I'm telling you. People come and go in this Forest, and they say, 'It's only Eeyore, so it doesn't count.'
They walk to and fro saying, 'Ha ha!' But do they know anything about A? They don't.
It's just three sticks to them. But to the Educated - mark this, little Piglet- to the Educated,
not meaning Poohs and Piglets, it's a great and glorious A." --Eeyore, The House at Pooh Corner

Posts: 4696 | Registered: 01-13-02Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Explorer
Quoteland Titan
Picture of Sentrawoods
posted Hide Post
I like this. Big Grin

Posts: 4949 | Location: my enchanted forest | Registered: 09-14-02Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quoteland Neo-Geezer
Quoteland Fanatic
Picture of Phantom_Delta
posted Hide Post
Does the needle on a compass point to the south or to the north?

(If the pen is mightier than the sword then what could be sharper than the word?)

Posts: 3384 | Location: The Volunteer State | Registered: 06-25-03Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quoteland Titan
Picture of KnockOut
posted Hide Post
Mother f****r! Erm...I just found out just now when I saw his ass in DB! Did I or did I not predicted (years ago) that you'll be the moderator of DB one day? Scream!

It's good to be right!Big Grin Welcome to the forum my friend. May Yhawh be with you. Fermented your comment with some cognac and kick some ass baby!

quote:
You were the one who challenged me to be a better debator when I first started out here

This is one of the sweetest things I heard here. This reminded me that the sweetest thing doesn't have to come from Poetry or prose forum.

I still remember you two going at each other in that Kryptonite thread in DB.

AWWWWWWwwwwwwwwwww ..... Rolling Wink

"Nunc Scio Quit Sit Amor" Smile
But always remember - it's still not a premarital sex
if you don't plan on getting married Wink

Posts: 4920 | Location: Siam | Registered: 10-21-02Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quoteland Fanatic
posted Hide Post
Ladon, you wrote:

quote:
It's been fun, but I am off. Probably for an extended if not indefinite period of time.
~ "Where are you QLers?" thread, 3-10-06

Hmm, not so extended, eh? A little over 2 weeks and you're back "badder'n old King Kong, meaner'n a junkyard dog". Such a gap 'twixt our intentions and what actually transpires.

. . . amd in the BOH Birthday thread:

quote:
I guess I have to say happy birthday.

Methinks you'd make a great theistic determinist one of these days. Mega Wink Big Grin

Congrats, Chefster. I'm sure you'll kick our fannies in DF like a (kind of) beloved Marine drill sargent. I look forward to it (kind of).

Finally, two paws up for Katelyn's extraordinary facilitating this past year; her intrepid good humor and dedication to the volunteer job were outstanding and much appreciated by one Airedale.

------------------------------
The opposite of joy is not sorrow. It is unbelief. ~ Leslie Weatherhead
Picture me with my ground teeth stalking joy--fully armed too, as it's a highly dangerous quest. ~ Flannery O'Connor

Posts: 2183 | Location: Aslan's Narnia | Registered: 11-10-00Reply With QuoteReport This Post