Quoteland.com Logo Home Topics Resources Groups
FAQs Site Info Contact Us About the Authors

Quoteland.com    Quoteland.com User Groups    Quoteland.com User Groups  Hop To Forum Categories  Who Said It?    who said "knit up the raveled sleeve of care"?

Moderators: Zendam
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

who said "knit up the raveled sleeve of care"?
 Login/Join

Picture of TexasGal
posted
I have heard that "it" "knit[s] up the raveled sleeve of care." What is "it" and who said this quote? Driving me crazy! THX!

Posts: 2 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: 11-05-04Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quoteland Titan
Picture of doon1946
posted Hide Post
“sleep ... knits up the raveled sleeve of care... chief nourisher in life’s feast.”
~William Shakespeare. Macbeth. Section 1 - Part C.

(In the play Lady Macbeth tells her husband after he kills the king not to worry – just get some sleep, because the innocent sleep, therefore “sleep knits up the raveled sleeve of care.” )

I hope my little explanation will clear your thought!! Smile

------------------------------------------------------------
I hear, and I forget. I see, and I remember. I do, and I understand. Smile

Posts: 4232 | Location: Land of Lincoln, USA | Registered: 01-29-03Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TexasGal
posted Hide Post
Thanks so much, doon1946. You know how annoying it can be to have these things roaming around in your head, unfulfilled. Now I can move on to more important ventures--such as that Friday afternoon glass of suds! THX!

Posts: 2 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: 11-05-04Reply With QuoteReport This Post