Quoteland.com Logo Home Topics Resources Groups
FAQs Site Info Contact Us About the Authors

Quoteland.com    Quoteland.com User Groups    Quoteland.com User Groups  Hop To Forum Categories  Who Said It?    Life is short, Break the rules, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably,...

Moderators: Zendam
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Life is short, Break the rules, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably,...
 Login/Join

posted
I've looked all over Google for whoever said this quote. I know of a similar one by Robert Doisneau that goes "Life is short. Forgive quickly. Kiss slowly." but I'm not sure if that's paraphrased from this quote: "Life is short, Break the rules, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And never regret anything that made you smile." Can anyone help me? Thanks!

Posts: 1 | Registered: 07-10-08Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quoteland Titan
Picture of doon1946
posted Hide Post
I think it is one of the graphic designs (logos) made for myspace.

See here;

http://www.mywebpower.com/layouts/quotes

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
Brevity is the soul of wit.
~William Shakespeare

Posts: 4232 | Location: Land of Lincoln, USA | Registered: 01-29-03Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here you go:

Life is short, break the rules, forgive
quickly, kiss slowly, love truly, laugh uncontrollably, and never regret anything that made you smile. Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off
the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.

~ Mark Twain ~

http://www.tailcast.com/article-mark-twain-18765.html?coming=recent-154

Hope that helps!

Posts: 1 | Registered: 11-14-08Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quoteland Godfather
Picture of Zendam
posted Hide Post
The quote isn't an authentic Twain quote according to the Twain website. It looks like a mixture of various quotes.
http://www.twainquotes.com/Discovery.html

Since we are destined to live out our lives in the prison of our minds, our one duty is to furnish it well~Peter Ustinov

[This message was edited by Zendam on 11-15-08 at 02:51 AM.]

Posts: 19139 | Location: CT | Registered: 08-30-00Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rala
posted Hide Post
I don't know about the first bit of the quote, but "Never regret something that once made you smile" is by Amber Deckers.

Posts: 250 | Location: Perth, Australia | Registered: 04-19-08Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The quote is by Mark Twain.

Regarding Rala's statement that the last part of the quote is by Amber Deckers, Mark Twain could not have borrowed or stolen a quote by Amber Deckers, could he--unless he was a time traveler? I'm pretty sure he wasn't, else he would have bragged about the fact. He lived before Amber Deckers from what I've been able to find about Amber Deckers.

Posts: 1 | Registered: 01-30-13Reply With QuoteReport This Post