Quoteland.com Logo Home Topics Resources Groups
FAQs Site Info Contact Us About the Authors

Quoteland.com    Quoteland.com User Groups    Quoteland.com User Groups  Hop To Forum Categories  Who Said It?    Who said “The greatest medicine of all is to teach people how not to need it.”

Moderators: Zendam
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Who said “The greatest medicine of all is to teach people how not to need it.”
 Login/Join

Picture of Beckmark
posted
Does anyone know who said this quote:

“The greatest medicine of all is to teach people how not to need it.”

I know there are some websites who credits this to the father of western medicine, Hippocrates. However those sites seems to be unreliable or does not cite any sources. If any of you have the answer I would appreciate if you can help this poor guy out. Smile

Posts: 14 | Registered: 03-23-16Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quoteland Godfather
Picture of Zendam
posted Hide Post
I found several sites that gaveHippocrates as the author, however no citation was given. Hippocrates, the father of medicine, supposedly wrote many books, but even the authorship of some of those are questionable.

Since we are destined to live out our lives in the prison of our minds, our one duty is to furnish it well~Peter Ustinov

Posts: 20409 | Location: CT | Registered: 08-30-00Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Beckmark
posted Hide Post
quote:
I found several sites that gaveHippocrates as the author, however no citation was given. Hippocrates, the father of medicine, supposedly wrote many books, but even the authorship of some of those are questionable.

Thank you for the input Zendam! Smile But in my case, it actually doesn't matter if it came from Hippocrates himself or someone from the "Hippocratic school of medicine". I just need a somewhat reliable source to accredit the quote to. Anyway, thanks for giving some time looking man I really do appreciate it.

Posts: 14 | Registered: 03-23-16Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quoteland Godfather
Picture of Zendam
posted Hide Post
You could assign it as "Hippocrates (attrib.)."

Since we are destined to live out our lives in the prison of our minds, our one duty is to furnish it well~Peter Ustinov

Posts: 20409 | Location: CT | Registered: 08-30-00Reply With QuoteReport This Post