Quoteland.com Logo Home Topics Resources Groups
FAQs Site Info Contact Us About the Authors

Quoteland.com    Quoteland.com User Groups    Quoteland.com User Groups  Hop To Forum Categories  Who Said It?    "It is better to live one day as a lion and die than to live a thousand as a goat

Moderators: Zendam
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"It is better to live one day as a lion and die than to live a thousand as a goat
 Login/Join

posted
I have been trying to find out if this is the exact quote and who is the author. Thanks... Smile

I'm moving your request to Who Said It?

[This message was edited by EeyoreLynn on 11-06-04 at 07:52 PM.]

Posts: 2 | Location: Lafayette, LA | Registered: 11-06-04Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quoteland Godfather
Picture of Zendam
posted Hide Post
It is listed as an Italian proverb, but some sites show it listed to Mussolini.

We don't have to be "successful," only valuable. We don't have to make money, only a difference, and particularly in the lives society counts least and puts last.~William Sloane Coffin

Posts: 18939 | Location: CT | Registered: 08-30-00Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quoteland Titan
Picture of doon1946
posted Hide Post
If you are looking for exact wording of this saying.
I have found few variant in that saying with credited to different sources as well.

I hope this will interest you.

"Better to live one day like a lion Than a thousand sheepishly"
"It is better to live one day as a Lion, than 100 years as a Sheep"
"It is better to live one day as a lion than ten years as a lamb." [Anon]

"It is better to live one day as a lion than a hundred years as a sheep." - Italian proverb...
"It is better to live one day as a lion than a thousand days as a lamb.". --Roman proverb.
"It is better to live one day as a lion than a 1000's as a sheep." A Military Quote.
"It is better to lived under a lion-skin than under soft skin of lamb." * Unknown *

------------------------------------------------------------
I hear, and I forget. I see, and I remember. I do, and I understand. Smile

Posts: 4232 | Location: Land of Lincoln, USA | Registered: 01-29-03Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It was one of the MANY quotes made by Benito Mussolini. He said it in Rome on 24 September 1928. The original is: "E' meglio vivere un giorno da leone che 100 anni da pecora" (it is better to live one day as a lion than 100 years as a lamb)

Posts: 1 | Registered: 05-20-13Reply With QuoteReport This Post