Quoteland.com Logo Home Topics Resources Groups
FAQs Site Info Contact Us About the Authors

Quoteland.com    Quoteland.com User Groups    Quoteland.com User Groups  Hop To Forum Categories  Who Said It?    If two men agree on everything, one's not thinking

Moderators: Zendam
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

If two men agree on everything, one's not thinking
 Login/Join

posted
I think Teddy Roosevelt said this, but I need confirmation and context. Also, I might be wrong

Posts: 41 | Registered: 07-13-02Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quoteland Godfather
Picture of Zendam
posted Hide Post
If two men agree on everything, you may be sure that one of them is doing the thinking. ~Lyndon B. Johnson (1908 - 1973).

Everyone is in the best seat!~John Cage

Posts: 20920 | Location: CT | Registered: 08-30-00Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Do you know the context?

Posts: 41 | Registered: 07-13-02Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quoteland Godfather
Picture of Zendam
posted Hide Post
It wasn't given. LBJ was known for his brusque sayings.

Everyone is in the best seat!~John Cage

Posts: 20920 | Location: CT | Registered: 08-30-00Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I believe this came from the chewing gum magnate Wm. Wrigley, " When two people always agree, one of them is unnecessary."

michael

Posts: 1209 | Location: Overland Park, Ks USA | Registered: 01-12-02Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It was L.B.J who said that and he went on to say “Ah! Don't say you agree with me. When people agree with me I always feel that I must be wrong”.

Posts: 1 | Registered: 06-01-11Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Reminds me of the idea and I don't know who said it. The worst that should happen among friends is "to agree to disagree."

Also, Supreme Court Justice Felix Frankfurter said, "there are issues about which people of reasonable goodwill disagree."

Michael in the land of ahs.

Posts: 1209 | Location: Overland Park, Ks USA | Registered: 01-12-02Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Reminds me of the idea and I don't know who said it. The worst that should happen among friends is "to agree to disagree."

Also, Supreme Court Justice Felix Frankfurter said, "there are issues about which people of reasonable goodwill disagree."

Reminds me of the idea, and I do not know who said that. The worst that will happen between friends is "agreeing to disagree."

In addition, the Supreme Court of Justice Felix Frankfurter said, "there is doubt that reasonable people of good will disagree."

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Zendam,

Posts: 3 | Registered: 09-13-11Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's confirmed that this quote is has been said by Lyndon.B.Johnson who was the 36th president of US(1908 - 1973).

Posts: 2 | Location: # Aspen Ridge Cir Delray Beach, FL | Registered: 09-20-11Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Whoever said that, said it correctly. If we are not listening to a conversation we will say yes for everything or we will respond. It happens always. Sometimes if doesn't know about the subject also we will agree with the other person’s views.

Posts: 4 | Registered: 01-03-13Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
LBJ is the one commonly credited with this one, and he certainly is the one who popularized it; but Johnson himself claimed that he heard it from his mentor in Texas politics, Sam Rayburn.

Posts: 1 | Registered: 08-25-16Reply With QuoteReport This Post