Quoteland.com Logo Home Topics Resources Groups
FAQs Site Info Contact Us About the Authors

Quoteland.com    Quoteland.com User Groups    Quoteland.com User Groups  Hop To Forum Categories  Who Said It?    Life gives us moment -- for these moments we pay for with our life.

Moderators: Zendam
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Life gives us moment -- for these moments we pay for with our life.
 Login/Join

posted
Heard this years ago -- seems like related to A A but no hits.

Help please -- who said it?

Thanks

Michael

Posts: 1208 | Location: Overland Park, Ks USA | Registered: 01-12-02Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
PS
Sorry that's moments!

Life gives us moments -- for these moments we pay for with our life.

Posts: 1208 | Location: Overland Park, Ks USA | Registered: 01-12-02Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Quoteland Potentate
Picture of thenostromo
posted Hide Post
Well, Mike, I took a break from my day and decided to dig into this. Didn't find anything that would directly answer your query, but I certainly found myself learning a lot about appreciating the moments of life, and I am grateful.
I'll share a few things that caught my eye along the way:

Life is made of millions of moments, but we live only one of these moments at a time.
As we begin to change this moment, we begin to change our lives.
~D. Trinidad Hunt

"Most time is wasted, not in hours, but in minutes. A bucket with a small hole in the bottom gets just as empty as a bucket that is deliberately kicked over."
-- Paul J. Meyer

“There is a defining moment in every person’s life. Within that moment, everything that that person is, shines its brightest.”

She showed that alertness, that swiftness of reflection comes out in men before a battle, in conflict, in the dangerous and decisive moments of life—those moments when a man shows once and for all his value, and that all his past has not been wasted but has been a preparation for these moments.
~ Anna Karenina, by Leo Tolstoy

"Life is made up of moments, small pieces of glittering mica in a long stretch of gray cement. It would be wonderful if they came to us unsummoned, but particularly in lives as busy as the ones most of us lead now, that won’t happen. We have to teach ourselves how to make room for them, to love them, and to live, really live."
— Anna Quindlen (A Short Guide to a Happy Life)

1. What have been some of your deciding moments that have defined you?
2. How did you come to them? How did they define you? What was the result?
3. What decisions are you currently facing in your personal life?
4. What decisions are you currently facing your future life?
5. What decisions are you currently facing in your spiritual life?
6. Have you asked God for help? Why or why not?
7. What is one good decision you can make today that will define you tomorrow?

Cancer can bring clarity to moments.
http://www.knowcancer.com/blog...ppy-meaningful-life/

Sermon: “Moments”
http://www.cityonahillchurch.t...mons/sermon-moments/

And along the way I notices this poem that was quite moving, but un-related to your topic.
Sometimes Heroes Fall Down
By Mike Conaway

https://www.facebook.com/note....e_id=173954882631280

This message has been edited. Last edited by: thenostromo,

Posts: 17434 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: 06-07-00Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow, thanks for the response Jon, outstanding,

lots of food for one's Soul.

With sincere respect,

Michael

posted Hide Post
Jon, have to thank you again for this, your the gift that keeps on giving.

Respectfully

Michael