Quoteland.com Logo Home Topics Resources Groups
FAQs Site Info Contact Us About the Authors

Quoteland.com    Quoteland.com User Groups    Quoteland.com User Groups  Hop To Forum Categories  Who Said It?    If Satan can't make you bad, he'll make you busy.

Moderators: Zendam
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

If Satan can't make you bad, he'll make you busy.
 Login/Join

posted
I have read that this might be Corrie Ten Boom. I think it might be CS Lewis in the Screwtape Letters. Several have quoted this, but nobody gives a source.

Posts: 1 | Registered: 08-18-08Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Quoteland Potentate
Picture of thenostromo
posted Hide Post
I took a look into this, and the most common reference is "someone once said" or just "an old saying".
Like yourself, I saw the reference to Corrie Ten Boom, and also Dr. Adrian Rogers and John West. I did not see anything to suggest that Lewis is the originator.
quote:
What is the biggest obstacle facing the family right now? It is over-commitment; time pressure. There is nothing that will destroy family life more insidiously than hectic schedules and busy lives, where spouses are too exhausted to communicate, too worn out to have sex, too fatigued to talk to the kids. That frantic lifestyle is just as destructive as one involving outbroken sin. If Satan can't make you sin, he'll make you busy, and that's just about the same thing.
~ James Dobson

"If Satan can’t make you bad, he makes you busy. If we learn to say ‘No’ to good things, we are able to say ‘Yes’ to better things God sends our way."
~ Nationally-renowned speaker PhyllisWallace

Hurry is not of the Devil; hurry is the Devil.
~ Carl Jung
http://koti.mbnet.fi/neptunia/hh/jungd1.htm

I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I -
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.

Posts: 17415 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: 06-07-00Reply With QuoteReport This Post