Quoteland.com Logo Home Topics Resources Groups
FAQs Site Info Contact Us About the Authors

Quoteland.com    Quoteland.com User Groups    Quoteland.com User Groups  Hop To Forum Categories  Who Said It?    That's not right. That isn't even wrong.

Moderators: Zendam
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

That's not right. That isn't even wrong.
 Login/Join

posted
"That's not right. Thats isn't even wrong."

I thought I had seen this quote attributed to Niels Bohr. Can anyone confirm this?

Thanks

Posts: 1 | Registered: 06-12-05Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quoteland Titan
Picture of Flametree
posted Hide Post
This isn't right, this isn't even wrong.
~Wolfgang Pauli

The words below are often listed for Neils Bohr. Could it be the one you are thinking of?

Your theory is crazy, but it's not crazy enough to be true.
~Niels Bohr

Posts: 3509 | Location: Australia | Registered: 05-25-05Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In the late 1940s and early 1950s, my father was a physics grad student at George Washington U. One of his professors was George Gamov. One time, a student gave an answer, and when Gamov just stared at him silently, the student asked "Isn't that right?". Gamov replied "Right?!? That isn't even wrong!"

This doesn't mean Gamov originated the quip. Gamov was one of the top physicists in the country. If it was being attributed, rightly or wrongly, to one of his peers, he would have heard about it. It could be he just used someone else's put-down.
But use it he did.

Posts: 1 | Registered: 09-13-17Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wikipedia says it was Wolfgang Pauli

Wiki is rght; just like Flametree was 12 years ago.
Ron

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Trader,

Posts: 2 | Registered: 12-09-17Reply With QuoteReport This Post