Quoteland.com Logo Home Topics Resources Groups
FAQs Site Info Contact Us About the Authors

Quoteland.com    Quoteland.com User Groups    Quoteland.com User Groups  Hop To Forum Categories  Who Said It?    First they ignore you. Then they mock you...

Moderators: Zendam
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

First they ignore you. Then they mock you...
 Login/Join

posted
a quote I heard on Michael Savage's radio show:

Hello,
This is my first time on this site. So please be gentle with a virgin.
A few days ago I heard Michael Savage quote Sir Winston Churchill, I think. The said something like, "First they ignore you. Then they mock you. Then they threaten you. Then you win". Can someone please give me the correct quote.
jerry.kaye@juno.com

This message has been edited. Last edited by: thenostromo,

Posts: 2 | Location: United States | Registered: 11-19-09Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quoteland Demigod
Picture of Mrs. Micawber
posted Hide Post
"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win."

not Sir Winston Churchill, it was actually Mahatma Gandhi

"But each day brings its petty dust our soon-choked souls to fill, and we forget because we must, and not because we will."...Matthew Arnold. [now that's what I call poetic]

Posts: 5859 | Location: Scotland, United Kingdom. | Registered: 12-15-02Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Quoteland Potentate
Picture of thenostromo
posted Hide Post
Welcome to Quoteland.
I'm only checking in because I am always intrigued by quotations attributed to Gandhi.
The very first hit on a Google search is a wikiquote webpage that provides the quotation attributed to Gandhi in a "disputed" section. They then provide this quotation:
quote:
And, my friends, in this story you have a history of this entire movement. First they ignore you. Then they ridicule you. And then they attack you and want to burn you. And then they build monuments to you.
~ Nicholas Klein, (1914 US trade union address)
http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/M...as_Karamchand_Gandhi

Don't shoot the messenger. Just passing this on.

Posts: 17415 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: 06-07-00Reply With QuoteReport This Post