Quoteland.com Logo Home Topics Resources Groups
FAQs Site Info Contact Us About the Authors

Quoteland.com    Quoteland.com User Groups    Quoteland.com User Groups  Hop To Forum Categories  Who Said It?    You can judge a nation by the value it places on education.

Moderators: Zendam
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You can judge a nation by the value it places on education.
 Login/Join

<rhonda>
posted
who said this? I think it is Thomas Jefferson, but my friend thinks it is Washington.

You can judge a nation by the value it places on education.

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Quoteland Potentate
Picture of thenostromo
posted Hide Post
Mahatma Gandhi said you can judge a nation by how it treats its animals.

Aristotle has been often quoted as saying you can judge a nation by the way they
treat their most vulnerable citizens.

PRESIDENT KENNEDY ONCE SAID THAT YOU CAN JUDGE A NATION NOT JUST BY THE PEOPLE - THE MEN AND WOMEN - THAT IT PRODUCES, BUT ALSO BY THE PEOPLE A NATION REMEMBERS.

"You can judge a nation by the men it produces, and other than hockey players, whores and William Shatner, you people have not produced a lot. . ."

Heather French addressed about 300 veterans and special guests yesterday at the New England Shelter for Homeless Veterans. "I believe you can judge a nation by how well they serve those who served them," French said. "I think the best way to honor those who didn't make it home is to serve the living who fought."

Posts: 17415 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: 06-07-00Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ashram28
posted Hide Post
It was said in an album titled "Rise, Vision, Comin'", 197?.

The artist: Haki Madhubuti. Based in Chicago, he founded a small independent publishing company.

Ahead of his time, he wrote about the family as being the glue that holds a nation together.

My favorite cut from the album is titled "We Ran the Danger Course", a phrase from Biblical text.

Posts: 1 | Registered: 09-23-08Reply With QuoteReport This Post