Quoteland.com Logo Home Topics Resources Groups
FAQs Site Info Contact Us About the Authors

Quoteland.com    Quoteland.com User Groups    Quoteland.com User Groups  Hop To Forum Categories  Who Said It?    "A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ that a man..."

Moderators: Zendam
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ that a man..."
 Login/Join

AIM: Online Status For WBSusieQ
posted
Full quote:
"A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ that a man should have to seek Him first to find her."

This quote is being sent (and sent, and sent) via email, in advance of a lovely poem that the email purports to be by Maya Angelou. It's not, of course. (Thank you, snopes.com)

Searches I'm doing all point to Angelou as being the author of it, based from that email, which is erroneous to begin with.

I really like the quote, but would like to attribute it properly!

I hope you smarties can put your big, big brains to the task, and help me out!

Thanks so much.

Posts: 4 | Location: Midwest USA | Registered: 01-29-08Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quoteland Titan
Picture of doon1946
posted Hide Post
Very interesting and quite challenging!!

Here in this link it's a poem "Christians" by Maya Angelou.
Also the pharse "a woman's heart..." included.

http://homeschoolblogger.com/aburks6/423415/

Now, the question: Did Maya Angelou wrote the poem entitled "I am a Christian"?
The answer is: NO.

The real title of this poem is "When I say, 'I am a Christian'"
And it is written by Carol Wimmer.

Please read the history of this poem:
Please do not forget to click on lower left to see the original wording of this poem.
You will see that in this poem the phrase " a woman's heart..." is excluded.

http://www.carolwimmer.com/poem.cfm

Now comes your quote:
"A woman's heart should be so hidden in God that a man has to seek Him just to find her."
~Max Lucado

http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/2737.Max_Lucado

Please note the word is "God".

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
Brevity is the soul of wit.
~William Shakespeare

Posts: 4232 | Location: Land of Lincoln, USA | Registered: 01-29-03Reply With QuoteReport This Post
AIM: Online Status For WBSusieQ
posted Hide Post
Yes, I knew about the Carol Wimmer connection. I'm completely weary of correcting folks that want to attribute it to Maya Angelou. But I simply couldn't find the real author of that quote... and it makes perfect sense that it's Max Lucado! Thank you so much for determining that!

Posts: 4 | Location: Midwest USA | Registered: 01-29-08Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of maryanne
posted Hide Post
hey does anyone know that bible verse that goes something like, "you should fear God before man?" My cousin is partaking in a program and wanted to find the scripture, but all she remembers is that it is in the old testament. She really wants to use that scripture so any help would be appreciated!!!

Posts: 4 | Location: Muskogee, OK, USA | Registered: 01-07-08Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by maryanne:
hey does anyone know that bible verse that goes something like, "you should fear God before man?" My cousin is partaking in a program and wanted to find the scripture, but all she remembers is that it is in the old testament. She really wants to use that scripture so any help would be appreciated!!!

Maybe the Bible verse you are looking for is Matthew 10:28
Do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather, be afraid of the One who can destroy both soul and body in hell.

Posts: 1 | Registered: 03-13-08Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Acts 5:29
But Peter and the other apostles answered and said: "We ought to obey God rather than men.

When the temptation to say "yes" is greater than the determination to say "no" ... RUN!

Posts: 2 | Location: Atlanta, GA, USA | Registered: 09-17-08Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by maryanne:

Acts 5:29 But Peter and the apostles answered, "We must obey God rather than men.

Posts: 1 | Registered: 10-08-08Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"A man's heart should be so open to God that a woman would have to see Him just to find him." - A. F. Lolowang a reply to Max Lucado's quote

"A man's heart should be so open to God that a woman would have to see Him just to find him." - A. F. Lolowang a reply to Max Lucado's quote

Posts: 1 | Registered: 12-01-08Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ryft
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by doon1946:
Now comes your quote:

"A woman's heart should be so hidden in God that a man has to seek Him just to find her."
~Max Lucado

http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/2737.Max_Lucado

Forgive my ignorance but how does that establish Max Lucado as the source? There is no book title, page number, anything. Explain?

Posts: 1 | Registered: 01-19-13Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Quoteland Potentate
Picture of thenostromo
posted Hide Post
Found this posting at Yahoo Answers.com:
quote:
I've seen that quote attributed to a lot of people--it's even circulating as part of a poem attributed to Maya Angelou (though the quote isn't hers, and the poem isn't either). Max Lucado did seem like the most likely source of the ones I've heard.
You got me curious, so I emailed the "Contact us!" people at Lucado's website asking if the quote is his, or if it appears in any of his books.
Their response, unfortunately, was a negative one. Margaret from info@maxlucado.com replied: "It is a great quote, but it isn't from Max."
The source is still a mystery.
Source(s):
info@maxlucado.com

http://answers.yahoo.com/quest...0080418182357AA0cqFE

So, "final answer" is that is should indicate that it is attributed to Max Lucado.

Posts: 17415 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: 06-07-00Reply With QuoteReport This Post