Quoteland.com Logo Home Topics Resources Groups
FAQs Site Info Contact Us About the Authors

Quoteland.com    Quoteland.com User Groups    Quoteland.com User Groups  Hop To Forum Categories  Who Said It?    "Every day's a holiday and every meal a feast"

Moderators: Zendam
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Every day's a holiday and every meal a feast"
 Login/Join

posted
I've been looking for the source forever

Posts: 2 | Location: Illinois | Registered: 02-18-08Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Quoteland Potentate
Picture of thenostromo
posted Hide Post
Welcome to Quoteland.
From what I can see, you might be looking a long time. Or, Zendam will check in with an early citing.
"Every day is a holiday, every meal is a feast."
~ Old Restaurant Proverb
http://www.blacktable.com/bernbaum041110.htm

I really checked in because your request reminded me of one of my favorite movie quotes from one of my favorite movies:
quote:
Sergeant Apone: "All right sweethearts, what are you waiting for? Breakfast in bed? Another glorious day in the corps! A day in the Marine Corps is like a day on the farm. Every meal's a banquet! Every paycheck a fortune! Every formation a parade! I love the corps!"
~ from the movie "Aliens"
Can even hear the sound clip at
http://www.moviesoundclips.net/sound.php?id=47

Posts: 17415 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: 06-07-00Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quoteland Godfather
Picture of Zendam
posted Hide Post
TN, all I found is what you have. I couldn't get an earlier fix on it.

Since we are destined to live out our lives in the prison of our minds, our one duty is to furnish it well~Peter Ustinov

Posts: 19009 | Location: CT | Registered: 08-30-00Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dagnabit! I've been bothered by the source of this quote forever. I can't even rememeber where I heard it. Maybe on TV or the radio. I though I remembered more to it. Frown

Posts: 2 | Location: Illinois | Registered: 02-18-08Reply With QuoteReport This Post