Quoteland.com Logo Home Topics Resources Groups
FAQs Site Info Contact Us About the Authors

Quoteland.com    Quoteland.com User Groups    Quoteland.com User Groups  Hop To Forum Categories  Who Said It?    Need the reference citation... for a Margaret Atwood quote.

Moderators: Zendam
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Need the reference citation... for a Margaret Atwood quote.
 Login/Join

Quoteland Demigod
Picture of Ananya
posted
I'm using the following Margaret Atwood quote as an opener for my PG dissertation on Mysticism. I need to know the exact reference citation to put into my bibliography, which would include if not the page and chapter number, at least the book/work from which the quote is taken.

The quote is as follows:

"I am the horizon you ride towards, the thing you can never lasso I am also what surrounds you: my brain scattered with your tin cans, bones, empty shells, the litter of your invasions. I am the space you desecrate as you pass through."
-- Margaret Atwood.

Thank you in advance.

-
much love, light and laughter,
Ananya.

Scatter joy ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson.
~*Blowing out someone else's candle doesn't make your's burn any brighter.*~
We can't all be stars, but we can all twinkle.
We may not have it all together, but together we have it all.

Posts: 6264 | Location: India | Registered: 07-03-01Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quoteland Demigod
Picture of Mrs. Micawber
posted Hide Post
I think this is from her Selected Poems 1965-1975, first published I believe in 1976, and I think there was a further volume published at a later date. I can't be specific so hope this helps. Good luck with it. I don't know from which poem it comes from.

Just found this as I went off to do some more digging, but I am unsure if this will help you any further.

http://www.poetryfoundation.org/bio/margaret-atwood

"But each day brings its petty dust our soon-choked souls to fill, and we forget because we must, and not because we will."...Matthew Arnold. [now that's what I call poetic]

Posts: 6514 | Location: Scotland, United Kingdom. | Registered: 12-15-02Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quoteland Godfather
Picture of Zendam
posted Hide Post
Form her poem, "Backdrop addresses cowboy," from her Selected Poems (1965-1975)

http://www.poetryfoundation.org/poem/177290

Since we are destined to live out our lives in the prison of our minds, our one duty is to furnish it well~Peter Ustinov

Posts: 20838 | Location: CT | Registered: 08-30-00Reply With QuoteReport This Post