Quoteland.com Logo Home Topics Resources Groups
FAQs Site Info Contact Us About the Authors

Quoteland.com    Quoteland.com User Groups    Quoteland.com User Groups  Hop To Forum Categories  Who Said It?    If you want something done right, do it yourself?

Moderators: Zendam
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

If you want something done right, do it yourself?
 Login/Join

Picture of Jaxnia19
MSN does not support status - click here for the profile.
posted
I want to use the quote in a paper for college about pros and cons in teamwork and don't even know who said it first. Help please?

"If you want something done right, do it yourself."

I don't need wings to fly. I don't need someones permission to touch the sky. Keep your limitations and see who they weigh down, I may not have been born with wings, but I'll find a way and you'll see someday, I don't need you. - Jax

Posts: 2 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: 09-07-07Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quoteland Godfather
Picture of Zendam
posted Hide Post
The proverb has a long history beginning with Miles Coverdale in Matrymonye (1541): That whych thou cannest do conueniently thyselfe commytte it not to another.

If you want a thing well done, do it yourself~Charles Spurgeon, John Ploughman's Pictures, p. 33 (1880)

First cited in the U.S. in Poems (1858) by Henry Wadsworth Longfellow.

Since we are destined to live out our lives in the prison of our minds, our one duty is to furnish it well~Peter Ustinov

Posts: 19070 | Location: CT | Registered: 08-30-00Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jaxnia19
MSN does not support status - click here for the profile.
posted Hide Post
Thanks! ^^ Thats some neat english there.

I don't need wings to fly. I don't need someones permission to touch the sky. Keep your limitations and see who they weigh down, I may not have been born with wings, but I'll find a way and you'll see someday, I don't need you. - Jax

Posts: 2 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: 09-07-07Reply With QuoteReport This Post