Quoteland.com Logo Home Topics Resources Groups
FAQs Site Info Contact Us About the Authors

Quoteland.com    Quoteland.com User Groups    Quoteland.com User Groups  Hop To Forum Categories  Who Said It?    "Of his face a single sight/The dying embers of the right..."

Moderators: Zendam
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Of his face a single sight/The dying embers of the right..."
 Login/Join

posted
The Rev Philip "Tubby" Clayton (founder of Toc H) quoted this verse at the Funeral of my Great Uncle, Sir Ion Hamilton Ben, at All Hallows by the Tower, London, in 1961. I have been searching for their source forever. Thanks!

He was most merciful in fight,
And of his face a single sight
The dying embers of the right
Into a flame would fan.

Posts: 3 | Registered: 04-18-16Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quoteland Demigod
Picture of Trader
posted Hide Post
From what little I've found, on just one quote that is similar to this, it may very well be that the Reverend Philip Thomas Byard Clayton CH MC (1885-1972) was the original author.

Ron

“Yesterday is gone. Tomorrow has not yet come. We have only today. Let us begin.”
~Mother Teresa (1910-1997)

Posts: 11174 | Location: Lotusland | Registered: 11-24-01Reply With QuoteReport This Post