Quoteland.com Logo Home Topics Resources Groups
FAQs Site Info Contact Us About the Authors

Quoteland.com    Quoteland.com User Groups    Quoteland.com User Groups  Hop To Forum Categories  Who Said It?    riddle inside a mystery wrapped in an enigma

Moderators: Zendam
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

riddle inside a mystery wrapped in an enigma
 Login/Join

posted
I have read this in a book recently and now I begin to see it on TV comercials and I am sure I have seen it before this. Where does it come from?

"A riddle inside a mystery wrapped in an enigma"

Wording may not be exact.

[This message was edited on 06-06-03 at 05:38 PM.]

Posts: 1 | Location: DeSoto,Missouri, US | Registered: 06-06-03Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of melyssa
posted Hide Post

The authorities always try to lie and deceive, and when they succeed they pat themselves on the back, whether in the United States or in France which I love so much. There is nothing surprising about this. But it's a good thing that the authorities have to use legal and other democratic means to fight their opponents. But what happened to TV6 is another matter. In my view, it was utter stupidity. It hurt Putin's reputation and the country as a whole. Russia, just as it did many years
ago, seems a strange country making lunders, "a riddle wrapped in a mystery inside an enigma" as Sir Winston Churchill once characterized it. It's difficult to understand what is does and why. Of course, you and I remember quite well what we had several decades ago…

Yours Truly,
Mel-in-Tex
"If we are overcome by the imagined risk of an unlikely death, we may miss the elusive chance to live fully."
- Rev. William J. Keene

Posts: 657 | Location: texas | Registered: 06-26-02Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quoteland Fanatic
Picture of Apokryphos
posted Hide Post
Yes, I found a slightly different version...I think:

I cannot forecast to you the action of Russia. It is a riddle, wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma; but perhaps there is a key. That key is Russian national interest
---Sir Winston S Churchill's thoughts about Russia
http://www.davidmrowell.com/russthtchurchill.htm

Milosevic: "A Riddle Wrapped in a Mystery Inside an Enigma"
http://www.truthinmedia.org/Bulletins/tim98-6-6.html
http://news1.beograd.com/english/articles_and_opinion/djurdjevic/000516_milosevic_a_riddle_wrapped_in_a_mystery.html

I'm sorry I haven't had time to find out exactly who he is, but this was found on many websites.

"Give me a firm point to stand on, and I will move the earth" - Archimedes (287 BC - 212 BC)
-----
"For me, insanity is super sanity. The normal is psychotic. Normal means lack of imagination, lack of creativity" - Jean Dubuffet

Posts: 3321 | Location: London | Registered: 02-20-03Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Editor
Quoteland Fanatic
Picture of Petrarch
posted Hide Post
Churchill made these remarks in a radio speech on Oct. 1, 1939.

Posts: 2072 | Location: Washington D.C. | Registered: 11-28-99Reply With QuoteReport This Post