Quoteland.com Logo Home Topics Resources Groups
FAQs Site Info Contact Us About the Authors

Quoteland.com    Quoteland.com User Groups    Quoteland.com User Groups  Hop To Forum Categories  Who Said It?    "Be happy for this moment, This moment is your life.."

Moderators: Zendam
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Be happy for this moment, This moment is your life.."
 Login/Join

posted
"...Be happy for this moment. This moment is your life..."

The first time I heard this quote was from the movie Unfaithful. Can anyone actually tell me who said and/or what book it came from. I'm not even sure that this is the exact phrase. Anything would be helpful! THANKS

Posts: 1 | Location: NEW ORLEANS, LA USA | Registered: 09-28-04Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quoteland Godfather
Picture of Zendam
posted Hide Post
'Drink wine... This is life eternal... This is all that youth will give you... It is the season for wine, roses and drunken friends... Be happy for this moment... This moment is your life.'

The lines in the movie are from Omar Khayyam's poem Persian Love. Check verse 13. The wording is slightly different in the film but the ideas are from this poem.

http://www.lenbracken.com/Persian%20Love%20by%20Omar%20Khayyam.htm

We don't have to be "successful," only valuable. We don't have to make money, only a difference, and particularly in the lives society counts least and puts last.~William Sloane Coffin

Posts: 19116 | Location: CT | Registered: 08-30-00Reply With QuoteReport This Post