Quoteland.com Logo Home Topics Resources Groups
FAQs Site Info Contact Us About the Authors

Quoteland.com    Quoteland.com User Groups    Quoteland.com User Groups  Hop To Forum Categories  Who Said It?    When I first saw you I was afraid to talk to you

Moderators: Zendam
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

When I first saw you I was afraid to talk to you
 Login/Join

Picture of Morath
posted
As I was going through the posts on this site I found a poem that I like, but I was wondering if anyone knew anything about it. It didn't have an author or a name with it. If anyone could help it would be appreciated. Thanks.

When I first saw you I was afraid to talk to you./ When I first talked to you I was afraid to like you./ When I first liked you I was afraid to love you./ Now that I love you I m afraid to lose you.

"The spaces between your fingers were created so that another's could fill them in."
-Unknown.

[This message was edited on 08-05-03 at 12:36 AM.]

Posts: 35 | Location: Utah, USA | Registered: 10-23-02Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Quoteland Potentate
Picture of thenostromo
posted Hide Post
There is a category of quotations that is lovingly referred to as "warm fuzzies."
This happens to be one of them.
http://www.fungrams.com/network/afraid.shtml

Posts: 17434 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: 06-07-00Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The poem: "When I first saw you" was written by Yesenia Ann Peralez. She's my sister and I'm happy people love her poem. She wrote it in the mid to late 80's, when she was a teen. She showed it to me, as the a rough draft, and asked me to read it, because she wanted to give it to a boy she liked in school. I loved it and told her to give it to him. Sadly he didn't like her anymore and threw her poem in the trash. She cried but kept it. Later we put it online. I don't know where but it spread and people don't have her name with it. I think it does deserve her name, although the name of the guy she wrote it for I will never say his name. He doesn't deserve recognition.

The other poem I know nothing about or who the author is.

Posts: 1 | Registered: 04-13-13Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mad your wrong. Your sister didn't write this. She stole it from a another girl. A girl who's boyfriend wrote. A boy wrote this for a girl he had lived across the street from. Your sister stole it from her because she used to carry it around with her everywhere she went. That boy went off to join the military not long after he gave it to her. I know this for a fact because I'm that girl that my husband gave to me almost 38 years ago. So I would appreciate it if she would not clam things that are NOT hers. I still have the paper he wrote it on. Sign and dated by him from when he gave it to me. We have it up in a frame hanging on our wall.

Posts: 1 | Registered: 09-15-16Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have seen this in picture, short videos or clips .

Posts: 10 | Registered: 01-23-17Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
it is really always important to know the authors of a poem or a quote.Well i think you can check http://quotesandpoemsforlife.com .Its pretty awesome on giving quotes ,poems and others without forgetting the authors

inspirational, love quotes for life. Amazing poems ,jokes,history events, facts
http://quotesandpoemsforlife.com

Posts: 1 | Registered: 02-22-17Reply With QuoteReport This Post