Quoteland.com Logo Home Topics Resources Groups
FAQs Site Info Contact Us About the Authors

Quoteland.com    Quoteland.com User Groups    Quoteland.com User Groups  Hop To Forum Categories  Who Said It?    He was so right he was wrong.

Moderators: Zendam
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

He was so right he was wrong.
 Login/Join

posted
Heard this several time lately, once on Piers Morgan,said like the old idea "he was so right-----.

Heard again today, lady didn't know who said it.

Not hits.

Please

Happy 2013

Michael

Posts: 1209 | Location: Overland Park, Ks USA | Registered: 01-12-02Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm still trying on my end, would appreciate

some help on this even if it's not exact.

Sincere thanks

Michael

Posts: 1209 | Location: Overland Park, Ks USA | Registered: 01-12-02Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Quoteland Potentate
Picture of thenostromo
posted Hide Post
I could not find any noteworthy origins to this concept. Confused Eek

Interviewer: Can you explain jazz?
Yogi Berra: I can’t, but I will.
90% of all jazz is half improvisation. The other half is the part people play while others are playing something they never played with anyone who played that part.
So if you play the wrong part, its right. If you play the right part, it might be right if you play it wrong enough. But if you play it too right, it’s wrong.
~ “Yogi Berra Explains Jazz”
http://tjcnyc.wordpress.com/tag/yogi-berra/

“If you just want to get on in the world it is not most conducive to your interests to be too right. It is rather better to let others imagine that they are right, and you wrong.”
~ Sir David Wilkie

As a great man once said, “I know that I won’t be right, I can only hope that I won't be too wrong.” … I hope that we won’t be too wrong. But also in trying to be too right, we have to be a little careful, because understanding that we won't get our predictions about the future right can help prevent us from becoming too narrow a force that can’t respond to the unexpected.
~ Major General Michael D. Jones, USA, Chief of Staff, U.S. Central Command
Conference on National Security Strategy and Policy:
The Marine Corps: America’s Expeditionary Force in Readiness
April 14 – 15, 2011
http://www.ifpafletcherconfere...ripts/mJonesTalk.pdf

Posts: 17434 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: 06-07-00Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks so much Jon,

I especially like Sir David Wilkie and Gen Jones.

Jones comment about not be so narrow minded (or right) that I can't respond to the unexpected is excellent food for thought.

Sincerely

Michael

posted Hide Post
Along the lines of:

The perfect solution is not always the best answer.
(I got that from Reader's Digest many years ago.)

Posts: 7 | Registered: 08-09-12Reply With QuoteReport This Post